PDA

View Full Version : Character - flying 2d nude girl

Wonderer
07-16-2003, 01:03 AM
Hello there!

I made this image using poser for reference and painted over with painter. I took 8 hours to finish it splited in two days.

Thank you for any critiques.

http://images.epilogue.net/users/adagio/divindade_brasileira.jpg

Cedaie
07-16-2003, 01:18 AM
Nice work Orly.

Few comments, the face and expression has a definate poser model face look to it, I was wondering how much reference you used from Poser for this piece. Poser's facial expressions are unique in that, well...they don't look too realistic using those controls, especially the smiling.

The cloth really fits well into that background, definately working with that soft green color.

The hair is a little too dark against the background and cloth, perhaps give it a hint of green like you did with the cloth.

Good work.

-Cedaie

Cinematography
07-16-2003, 01:20 AM
That’s a very interesting technique: painting over a poser model. The image looks very nice.

I have a few comments though:
- her left hand looks a little stiff
- she looks like she is sitting, and not really floating
- her facial expression is a little awkward [you might want to make it a little more subtle]
- her hair kind of clumps and flows in one direction [for a more realistic look, you may want to have her hair spread out a little more]

Aside from that -
Good work!

WanielJorge
07-16-2003, 02:52 AM
:beer: Beautiful work. Is a mix of Iêmanja with Sônia Braga?:rolleyes:

Wonderer
07-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Thank you all for your opinions!

Cinematography & Cedaie:
It was very inlightning, and I agree with the observations made about her expression, hair and hands. I realy haven't notest those.

3dstrong:
And about her apearence It realy looks like a mix of those two godess.

Wonderer
07-19-2003, 09:00 PM
I have edited this thread by deletecting the atachment and posting a better image;)

Norlan
07-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Orly Wanders
I have edited this thread by deletecting the atachment and posting a better image;) Apparently the image isn't showing as it should, check for spellling in the link.

Wonderer
07-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Can you see it know?

http://orlyw.sites.uol.com.br/imagens/divindade_brasileira.jpg

Warhawk24
07-19-2003, 11:42 PM
Nope :(

kerux
07-19-2003, 11:42 PM
nope...red cross

Wonderer
07-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Back to the old 20k atachment

If it dosen´t work let me know.:thumbsdow

unicron
07-20-2003, 03:14 AM
Looks like the attachment is working.

nice work:thumbsup:

seems like there is a little bit of porportion problems, but it could just be the extreme forshortening that's throwing me off:shrug:

I really like the cloth

Wonderer
07-20-2003, 04:29 AM
Yes I have the bad habit of exagerating poses, after all I haved used poser, so I felt free to exagerate.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the confirmation!

I´ve tried to fix the bad linking of the first image posted, aparently this great stupid did not know that the image should be renamed as .txt:annoyed:

but then again, perhaps I´m just inexperient.

unicron
07-20-2003, 06:39 PM
cool, sounds good:D

yeah the attachment is working, but the two images that you posted (post 1 and 8) still don't show up though. I don't know what's going on there, sorry.

keep up the good work:buttrock:

Grooveholmes
11-25-2003, 02:56 PM
You've obviously got skill. So why use poser?:wise:

Maximus Groff
11-25-2003, 03:01 PM
broken link .. plz correct this

slaughters
11-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Grooveholmes
You've obviously got skill. So why use poser?:wise: My guess would be for the same reason traditional painters use human models.

Grooveholmes
11-25-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by slaughters
My guess would be for the same reason traditional painters use human models.

Looking at a model for reference is a little different than painting over the model.

GFX-Arts
11-25-2003, 04:13 PM
very nice :)

Garma
11-25-2003, 04:31 PM
very good. I like how you captured the rennaissance style.

draconix
11-25-2003, 08:41 PM
The links aren't broken. You can view it here(just click on the link):

Pic (http://orlyw.sites.uol.com.br/imagens/divindade_brasileira.jpg)

Apparently your site doesn't support direct linking from an external source.

e338
11-26-2003, 01:02 PM
interresting. Her face changes from usual sexbombs. it's a good thing. Kinda academic but good. Her left leg is a bit weird in the "shortcut", guess the perspective is good but...

I also think you should forget poser (Grooveholmes, regards), coz it has no style and in the meantime, you could recognize a character from poser in a full crowd of characters.

i'm not sure you need it, do you?

see ya ;)

igorsandman
11-26-2003, 01:54 PM
I realy like the neo-classic style.
Neat stuff.
-IS-

Wonderer
11-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Wow! What a pleasent surprise to see this link insurrection!
First of all, this was the only time Ive ever had used poser directely under my painting, generaly i use it as reference for studing poses and them I sketch it from a printing I make from the pose Ive defined. The next step is to scan the drawing containing my trace style. The only reason Ive painted over the model was for the short schedule I had for it, two days in my free time at night. But I dont intend to repeat it again, the smile as you all saw is permanently damaged, Im unable to fix it. Unless I redraw it and paint it again, however I prefer to leave it the way it is, to remind me of the mistake Ive made and the lesson Ive took from it.

Thank You all for your comments, I will be posting some more new things soon, wich Ive havent used poser at all.:thumbsup:

Maximus Groff
11-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Awesome piece man (now that i can see)..

Keep up!

Grooveholmes
11-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Cool, I look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

~Grvhms

picksel
11-29-2003, 12:00 PM
It look like Michel Ange! Anyway, I like this work where it's expressive and no static!
excellent work! :thumbsup:

gustavogf
01-08-2004, 03:37 AM
Wow. I really don't have any crits here.
I really liked the simplicity of the scene and the strenght that it passed me.

I think it's great, I love this style.

fundagenie
07-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Great piece of art....one thing that distracted me a little was the left leg....
Maybe it is the prespective that is playing games with my eyes.... it looks kinda small when compared to the rest of the image......

and the eyes.... is it closed or open.... i can see only some white spcae....that makes the face look kinda ghostly....

the painting, clothees and background look real good....

kudos ..... :drool:

SteveV
07-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Martin Murphy, one of my favorite digital illustrators used to use poser all the time, here's a tutorial (http://www.dccdesigner.com/Htm/Tutorials/TheQueen01.htm) he prepared back in 1999

Tu_Vieja
07-16-2004, 01:03 PM
not him encounter defects, an impeccable work
:drool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.