PDA

View Full Version : a simple question

NOV
07-15-2003, 09:03 PM
hi guys,

I am having a hard time figuring out why my Reference node (a group node created by grouping the geometry and skeleton together) i created in Maya won't work in MB. The main function of the Reference node is to be able to position my character anywhere in the scene.

It works fine before I characterize my character. As soon as I characterize it, it loses it's function. that means when the Reference node moves, the geometry won't follow. However, it does work when I deactivate the Control Rig (by checking the "Active" checkbox in Character Contol window). but it pops back to the original position as soon as I turn it on again. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks a lot!!

Michel Besner
07-16-2003, 10:49 AM
Did you put this reference node as a "reference node" while characterizing your model ?

M.

NOV
07-16-2003, 12:05 PM
oh!! The Reference wasn't characterized because I named it differently. Thanks so much for pointing that out. now it works perfectly!!

couple more questions.

I found that some of the textures weren't in place after importing the character into MB. will it be fine after I am done with the animation and export back out to Maya?

After I characterized my model, the y on the IK handles are pointing down (although it works just fine)... what is causing that?

thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.