PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe: Rise Of The Cobra International Trailer

RobertoOrtiz
05-02-2009, 04:06 AM
http://www.traileraddict.com/player.swf?id=10673&e=y

angel
05-02-2009, 04:23 AM
WTF was that? I don't know what that was but it wasn't GI Joe.

R10k
05-02-2009, 05:34 AM
Looks cool, but... yeah, um... hands up if you think someone played a little too much Crysis before penning the script on that one.

Shade01
05-02-2009, 06:17 AM
It's not GI JOE until I see a Cobra logo.

XeroWolf
05-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Is it too early to say that this will be awesome?
Cuz I was like this :buttrock: for most of the trailer.

fuzzylizard
05-02-2009, 07:15 AM
It looks interesting, I hope they didn't put all the best parts in the trailer.

SheepFactory
05-02-2009, 07:21 AM
This is gonna be awesome and I am there day one!

DDS
05-02-2009, 09:47 AM
the FX look amazing, I really love the green thing! I won't even comment on my other expectations for the movie.

sparrowhead
05-02-2009, 11:20 AM
What the ....... !!!

I wasn't expecting that, i thought it was a sequel to G.I. jane :blush:

the FX look cool though - not sure the story will hold up though!

Kai01W
05-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Yawn. Can it get more generic?

-k

uchiharuin
05-02-2009, 11:34 AM
im sort of a little skeptic about this movie, but dont get me wrong it does look good, i mean it looks too good that its kinda cheesy for me. i dont see as a bad movie though but the "bad-ass" level of this one is too high :)) ... i`ll just wait for the reviews.

Intervain
05-02-2009, 12:32 PM
To me it looked like pure fun with some humour thrown in... and a couple of actors I like so I'm in :scream:

cresshead
05-02-2009, 12:46 PM
beats watching some period melodrama or a talent show on tv for sure!

nice effect in the paris shots!

Billabong
05-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Where's Destro?

edit: Wait, I just read that Chris Eccleston is Destro, then where the hell is Cobra Commander

Pentagramma
05-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I was expecting the whole trailer for that catchy "Team America" theme song to start! The Eiffel Tower bit was specially funny for me because of that, but probably not the way it was supposed to be. :cool:

Nice FX, anyway. If it wasn´t directed by Stephen Sommers, I could give it a try.

Imhotep397
05-02-2009, 04:00 PM
The non-blown up "HD" which runs better on my computer is here. I thought it be helpful for some folks.

leigh
05-02-2009, 04:14 PM
It's not GI JOE until I see a Cobra logo.

Oh trust me, there are Cobra logos in this film.

Stankluv
05-02-2009, 05:00 PM
About a year ago I was very anti- this movie for a lot of reasons. Biggest being that I thought snake eyes was too "rubber-nipple" looking. Looks like a fun movie to me now.

CHRiTTeR
05-02-2009, 05:35 PM
WTF was that? I don't know what that was but it wasn't GI Joe.

I dont agree. I think it was VERRY gi joe and I'm verry glad it does look like they didnt screw up the characters etc...

Although the trailer doesnt reveal much about the storyline so there's still the possibility that the story is crap. I hope not though...

Ok, a movie will always 'look/feel' somewhat different then a series of episodes, but thats quite logic.

KOKE
05-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Crysis Joe?

Looks like fun, I will give it a try even if its just to remember old times....

Now where did I leave all my old toys?

JK.

:D

CHRiTTeR
05-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Crysis Joe?

Would be a great for crysis though :)

vauric
05-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Ugh..that looked dreadful...power rangers for the big screen.

Mayamaniac
05-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah, when did the joes have crysis super body armor suits?

Could've cast a hotter chick to play scarlet.

Overall, it is not as bad as what Bay did to Transformers. These people use too much creative freedom and do whatever they want and could careless about staying true to the original concept. They just want to make tons of money and that's the bottom line, screw originality.

Oh well, at least Iron Man seems to be staying true.

metroeast
05-03-2009, 02:32 AM
I don't know how I feel about the "Speed Up Suits". The GI Joe I remember were soldier who were just the best of the best. I am psyched to see it come to the big screen but I am reserving the hype till I hear some reviews.

I do like the casting though (Wayans though?). Chris Eccleston was awesome as Doctor Who. They are obviuosly setting this up for a trilogy. Let's see how they set the tone.

Personally, I would love for them to treat it more like GI Joe Resolute (http://www.adultswim.com)

RobertoOrtiz
05-03-2009, 02:50 AM
Guys if are fan of GI Joeyou should check out

The mini Gi Joe Resolute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DJAZCHeUXE

MathNAres
05-03-2009, 06:30 AM
It looks like G.I Joe to me, in special near the end, the plane being destroyed, an the guy needs to eject, they cut the sequence just before he opens his parachute!!!
Is So CLASSIC!!! Like in the TV series, I'm sure the parachutes appear at less 5 time per episode.
Nice detail.

Teyon
05-03-2009, 06:41 AM
I was half-hoping it was Resolute but for the big screen. I'm a bit let down by some of the choices - mainly the combat armor for the Joe team. Having them doing all these stunts in the armor makes Snake Eyes' abilities less special in a way. They should have (and I hope they do in some way) play up the strengths of each Joe on the team. Each one has a specialty after all. Here's hoping CC shows up at the end.

Oh, and yes, Resolute was kind of the movie I'd wished they'd made so many years ago. It's almost exactly what I think a good Joe film should be...I just wish some key players were not killed off.

Kimotion
05-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Baroness is hot. And it looks like they bought Stormshadow's costume at Wal-Mart

BigPixolin
05-03-2009, 06:39 PM
100% certified awesome.

Looks like G.I Joe to me.

kelgy
05-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Dont like it any better than the last trailer.
Looks cookie cutter corporate, too dark(especially the costumes which make snake eyes less impressive)
and the sets seem uninspired. I want to see Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow fighting over dams or in big tunnels or something.

I like some of Sommers work(Deep Rising, Mummy), but this is giving me the same ugly feeling that Van Helsing did.

Resolute on the other hand-pretty cool as a nostalgic trip. Visually it looked great. The most enduring image for me was seeing blood smeared on a Cobra console.

I think it needed more voices(only 4 did them all?), and the familiar music. Also I missed the super science(giant robots, gladiatorial arena) and the Zartan disguises.

I dont think CC would blow up Moscow though. He appreciates architecture(cobra temples, thrones etc).
No way he would waste such an ancient city. He would choose something a little less consequential, like CLASSIFIED. :rolleyes:

Boone
05-03-2009, 08:37 PM
It doesnt matter if the film is shit or not; I am going to see it for the "naughty secretary". :cool:

Lordiego01
05-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Since Michael Bay can't possibly make enough Transformer movies to satisfy my CG needs, I'm glad that I also have this movie to look towards too...

(on BluRay, screw the cinema!)

Hordak
05-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Great fx... But it didn't feel like G.I. Joe at all...

It actually looked boring

Venkman
05-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Great fx... But it didn't feel like G.I. Joe at all...

Are you kidding? A secret under water lair? A hidden arctic base with missiles in the ground? Overly complex schemes to make people fear Cobra? Damn, who melts the eiffel tower anyway? ;)

Cobra Commander is up to his old tricks again! I can't wait to hear him yelling at Destro. I think it's great. The world needs some cobra commander to spice things up a bit! :)

eliseu gouveia
05-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Looks exciting, I may give it a shot.

One question, though.... Did the baddie have to be a brit? :D

Larry_g1s
05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
I think it looks like a lot of fun. Sweet vfx & action. Story? well see....but the trailer makes it look worth seeing. :applause:

Boone
05-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Looks exciting, I may give it a shot.

One question, though.... Did the baddie have to be a brit? :D

Well, they got to have some real acting in it. :D

kelgy
05-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Well, they got to have some real acting in it. :D

**I thought it was that British accents = domineering and evil.
;)

Cobra Commander isnt in it. Or rather not the normal version.

Venkman
05-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Cobra Commander is played by this guy in the movie:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0330687/

Grrrrrrr
05-05-2009, 07:03 PM
It looked really cool and i see awesome vfx is often found these days. Don't know about the story though.

And the last scene were they avoid rockets looked similar to the transformers 1 scene.

Boone
05-05-2009, 07:05 PM
**I thought it was that British accents = domineering and evil.
;)

Cobra Commander isnt in it. Or rather not the normal version.

oh no, that kind of evil requires a moustache... :D

angel
05-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Are you kidding? A secret under water lair? A hidden arctic base with missiles in the ground? Overly complex schemes to make people fear Cobra? Damn, who melts the eiffel tower anyway? ;)

Cobra Commander is up to his old tricks again! I can't wait to hear him yelling at Destro. I think it's great. The world needs some cobra commander to spice things up a bit! :)

Well, I guess you can say Cobra feels like Cobra but Joe DOESN'T feel like Joe. I mean...

"What does it accelerate?... YOU" aha... right.:shrug:

Kanga
05-07-2009, 05:15 AM
It doesnt matter if the film is shit or not; I am going to see it for the "naughty secretary". :cool:
A chick in black leather,... one cannot refuse :)
This looks pretty damn good.

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2009, 05:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.