PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel feedback please!

waderyer
07-15-2003, 09:47 PM
Hi all,
I'm wrapping up my demo reel and looking to get some feedback before I go out to tape for Siggraph.

http://www.ryerdesign.com/movies/3d/wade_ryer_demo.mov

Let me know what you think!
I've been working at a small multimedia firm. Do I have a shot breaking into the CG biz? Any recommendations???

Thanks in advance!!
-Wade

Kricket
07-15-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by waderyer
Hi all,
I'm wrapping up my demo reel and looking to get some feedback before I go out to tape for Siggraph.

http://www.ryerdesign.com/movies/3d/wade_ryer_demo.mov

Let me know what you think!
I've been working at a small multimedia firm. Do I have a shot breaking into the CG biz? Any recommendations???

Thanks in advance!!
-Wade

The first clip looks good but the camera cuts the character off at the ankles. You should pull the camera back and show the entire character.. His eyes could use a bit more expression the last time he says "I can see!" He sounds overjoyed that he can hear/see but his eyes make him look bored.

The 2-headed clip looks good, but the fork never reaches the mouth of one of them.

There's something weird with the way the mouth deforms on the photorealistic head, it doesnt look natural. Try and get some more skin movement around the cheekbones. The head also moves a bit jerkily.

Im not too crazy about the Tank and the Baseball Field. If they're there to show your modeling skills maybe you could put in some wireframe turnarounds?

The flash animation stuff (Is it Flash? or AE?) could probably go, you've got much stronger animation in your reel already.

I really like the flytrap, good stuff.

G'luck at Siggraph!

zachgrachan
07-16-2003, 07:22 PM
I think you should quicken the pace some, and move the fly trap towards the front - its the strongest animation. I also agree with kricket about the tank, stadium and photoreal head. I liked the flash animation tho.

davidSingha
07-27-2003, 06:19 AM
I don't know much about creating a good demo reel but your reel looks very nice. I think you could have edit it down some. Anyway I like it!

cheers:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.