PDA

View Full Version : WIP: boxmodeled 1955 racer

BAROBA
07-15-2003, 08:38 PM
Hi guys and girls

Working on a car that I made using the boxmodeling technique. I used Lewis spline modeling technique in the past too, but find the boxmodeling method a bit faster to model a car.
It is a model I made up myself after some research I did on cars of the period ( years 1955-1958).
I modeled some other cars too, and I was planning to made a bigger shot with all of them together, but that is for later.
The HDRI image was put inside a dome for more control over the final look of the render, still not pleased with it, and the HDRI map is too grainy for my taste, but it give a vintage picture feel to it.

The lighting was done with 5 arealights in a box, with different colors and intensities to match the HDRImap. For once my reflections look decent :) Not perfect yet. I still need to add the gradients, cause I never seem to get those right, any help?
The reflections on the tire-rubber looks really odd, I think I need to tweak the rubber some more.

Any other comments on the car?
http://users.pandora.be/crimecity/images/racer.jpg

TIA :)

BAROBA

DaveW
07-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Looks really cool except the tires, they don't look like they're made of rubber. They look kinda like wavy/bumpy shiny plastic.

Mechis
07-15-2003, 10:22 PM
I wish that were MY car. hahaha. COOL pic!

WChestnutt
07-16-2003, 08:30 AM
pretty good!!
splecially for box modedlled, i always find it not very accurate.
the only thing is the bumpy wheels.

Keep it up,

will.

BAROBA
07-16-2003, 02:40 PM
Updated the picture
Changed the tire texture, so it looks a bit more like rubber ( I hope)
And changed the lighting a bit too.

And here is another angle on it.
http://users.pandora.be/crimecity/images/racer2.jpg

c&c are welcome

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.