PDA

View Full Version : Blender Fluid - Obstacle Friction Question

CerberusC
04-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi!

I'm new in blender, i'm impressed with it, it's a HUGE piece of software and it's well done.

I have a question relative to the fluid simulation, i've done a fluid simulation and i'm quite happy with the result but i want the liquid to be a little more crazy in my glass (it's a glass of wine...eternal test hehehe) and it seems that the obstacle (the glass) has too many friction, so:

can someone tell me how to control the friction of an obstacle?

Cheers and thanks!

Mordachai
04-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi,

In the Obstacle change the settings to Free (Free-slip).

Link with some information: Blender Manual: Physics - Fluids (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Physics/Fluids)

Hope that helps.

CerberusC
04-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the answer Mordachai.

I knew about the Free-slip but i mean if i can define an specific friction for the obstacle, so i can have a kind of surface that slips the water well and another that makes the water stop, but all in the same simulation and with intermediate values of friction.

Cheers and thanks :D

Ramon
07-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the answer Mordachai.

I knew about the Free-slip but i mean if i can define an specific friction for the obstacle, so i can have a kind of surface that slips the water well and another that makes the water stop, but all in the same simulation and with intermediate values of friction.

Cheers and thanks :D

YES! I hope you get an answer for this because it's the same thing I need as well, my obstacle is getting the water stuck to it too long - it doesn't slip off quick enough and it looks to thick on the obstacle.

wiz4rd
07-10-2009, 10:57 PM
If setting the obstacle to "no slip" is too sticky, and "free" is too slippery, you could always try "part" and adjust the value between 0 (= no slip) and 1 (=free slip).

Ramon
07-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Okay I'll try that thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2009, 11:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.