PDA

View Full Version : Muted colors in zbrush for mac osx

ruxpin01
04-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Hi all, sincere apologies if this is at all in the wrong thread.

I realize this is a complete beginner question but I desperately need your help. I have created a model in zbrush and went to do some polypainting. Unfortunately, all my colors are terribly muted. i.e. red is a dark maroon and white is coming out as grey.

The colors show just fine in the tools preview window thing, just not on my normal window. This is a homework assignment so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!
- ruxpin

williamsburroughs
05-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Are you sure that your object isn't masked. CTRL+Click in an empty part of the space around your model to make sure it isn't masked.

MotleyPete
05-07-2009, 06:19 AM
It could be that it's painting the secondary colour along with the main colour (The secondary colour is the small box and the main colour is the larger one). There's a subtle shadow in the colour box, to indicate what colour you are painting with, but it's not possible to see when the colour is black. It sounds to me like you have both turned on at the same time.

http://i42.tinypic.com/jszj3d.jpg

Go to the secondary colour box and click on it, then click back on the main colour box. That should fix it, but if not, try clicking the secondary colour twice, or change it to another colour other than black so you can see if the subtle shadow is there.

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2009, 06:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.