PDA

View Full Version : Balrog, botak yeoh (2D)

kakatekoyi
04-29-2009, 04:14 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g29/73829/73829_1241018060_medium.jpg

Title: Balrog
Name: botak yeoh
Software: Photoshop

this is a piece i made for street fighter illustration competition, i was a day away from the deadline when painting this, it took me 3 to 4 hour to complete this, kind of rush... thx for viewing

linainverse23
04-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Kind of shows, more in composition than rendering. The left arm looks distorted because we lose some of it off the page. Also, what's that blurred, light, sort of incomplete wisp on his left shoulder? Nice dip in the torse, but the arms and legs are having a little trouble. This would be good as a quick sketch piece at least. Hope it was an interesting experience for you.

kakatekoyi
05-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Kind of shows, more in composition than rendering. The left arm looks distorted because we lose some of it off the page. Also, what's that blurred, light, sort of incomplete wisp on his left shoulder? Nice dip in the torse, but the arms and legs are having a little trouble. This would be good as a quick sketch piece at least. Hope it was an interesting experience for you.

thx for the comments, i think the lower body of my balrog is really confusing, i was actually drawing cloth not the muscle of the leg, i cropped the photo in a very awkward way and i m suck at drawing cloth:argh:

linainverse23
05-01-2009, 04:12 AM
don't worry. just keep practicing. no one's good at everything.

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2009, 04:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.