PDA

View Full Version : Some problem about Boujou 4

Robinpower
04-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Hello,guys, I'm learning Boujou 4 these days, it's really cool.:cool:

My workstation is a 4 Core CPU PC, 2GB RAMS.

I found the Boujou is very slow when I use some functions such as "Track feature" "Camera Solve" , the CPU always work with 25 % usage, it looks like only one core is working.

Is there anybody meet this kind of problem??:sad:

Robinpower
04-29-2009, 09:20 AM
BTW, my system is WIN XP Pro 32bit

guitarmunkee
05-14-2009, 06:39 PM
I have 4 gigs of ram and windows xp 64 bit. You should make the switch because I run boujou pretty smoothly.

Khalor
05-20-2009, 01:29 AM
Boujou's tracking engine isn't multi-threaded, so you won't get a performance boost simply by having more cores. That said, back in the days of boujou 2 there was an option to run the engine and the user interface on seperate cores - not sure if that's still offered.

As for running it on Windows x64 or similar - not entirely sure if boujou is a 64-bit app (I know it's not when running on Mac), so there may not be a performance gain there either. Also, 32-bit Windows can index up to 4GB anyway, so it's only for 4+ GB that you'd get an increase for x64 anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2009, 01:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.