PDA

View Full Version : :aniMan:v1.2 VS Creature Tools Pro v4.0

Firas
07-15-2003, 10:39 AM
hi all..

i dont know why there r lots of automatic rigging mels these days .. i personaly think its good to c people developing those mels .. but at the end we (MAYA users) need one system for human&cartoon rigging system..

i use AutoRig v2.02 by Mark Behm.. its very good.. and most important- its tested.... i like alot the ability to streatch arm & leg .. but there are some problems in it.

thats why am looking to use another system .. i think the most avanced these days are : aniMan and Creature Tools ..

can anyone compare them .. i need to hear from one who test the two .

am going to test them too.. but its time consuming .. thats why am asking for help.

cloudtrix
07-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Try Final Rig by Radiant Square

www.radiantsquare.com

It has strechy arms legs and back. It is easy to set up and has a lot of control.

Best of all, it's free!

-e

MasonDoran
07-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Animan is very new so bugs are being worked out weekly.

-but it has consistent customer support, and manus is constantly putting in new features and updates upon request. It now has stretchy spine/legs/arms and fully supports new features in 5.0

What i think makes it unique compared to other procedural riggers is:

-it has a graphical animation UI that fits inside the channel box for quick selection

-the option to create and add poses of all limbs to a library via the animation gui

-automatically sets up characters sets

-face rig with UI is currently under development.

-simply double click in UI to switch from world to local or IK to FK.

I cannot compare to creature rig....which claims some and more of the same things though.

maxx10
07-16-2003, 06:04 PM
OK, I'm trying the Final Rig you suggested but there is something I don't get... I'm stuck after "Create Character Setup" I don't get what the note after that says.... do I have to use maya standard binding or what :shrug: .... caould you shed some light, thanks :p

cloudtrix
07-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Skinning is the last thing you do in final rig.

Check out the on-line docs
but the basic steps are:

create a guide (must give it a name)

Link to setup and pick the guide (this was done incase you have more then one guide)

Once you pick your settings click on 'create character setup'

Once you are in Character controls you can skin your rig.

-e

stzaske
07-17-2003, 07:04 AM
I just downloaded this Final Rig 1.0 beta...and damn is it sweet. Looks just about perfect to me.

Better download it soon, looks like it won't be free forever.

-=STZ=-

Firas
07-17-2003, 11:07 AM
its just clean ..

i love it .. very powerfull .. full controll ..

i love the changing of color on streatching and the ik/fk switch..

BUT

all rigging setups till now have one big disadvantage ...

why we cannt "PIN" part/parts of the body .. and then we move the body, those parts should be fixed.

example .. PIN the SHOLDER .. then we move the hand .. and all body stay as is... (this is what happen now) ..
but if we PIN the hip .. then we move the hand .. all body folow the hand direction .. but hip stay as is ( this is what NOT avilable in any ready setup )

i think Poser has is.

Atwooki
07-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Mirai, Animanium; hmm.....

maybe Final Rig will venture into essential pinning constraint switching once it gets past the 'beta' stage -

Certainly it seems to be the most stable (skinning especially) of those mentioned above; (only tried a couple of tests tho'....

Atwooki

cloudtrix
07-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Hey Atwooki,

We are trying to get pinning to work within the limitations of Maya's IK. We had some successes but it made maya too unstable, so we had to take it out.

Please feel free to email Radiant Square with any suggestions you might have.

You can also post in the Final Rig thread. (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76379)

Thanks,

EmEy

kryoboy
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
hey, my fault if im digging up a dinosaur but, i have to say wow, i was really impressed with finalrig 1.2.. i tried it some time ago.. had to be a previous release from ages ago, because i thought i didnt like it.. so i gave it another try this morning and its the best thing thats happend all day.

i really like the bidirectional on the IK.

i usally create my own rigs from scratch but i just down right make a mess of something everytime.

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.