PDA

View Full Version : ChestEndEffector location is wrong

Mechis
07-15-2003, 05:13 AM
Hi,
When I characterize my model and make a character rig, the location of the ChestEndEffector (the control at the top of the spine) is not below the neck like it is in the sample models. Instead, it is down by my model's waist. As far as I know, my bones are named correctly (it characterizes) and the bones are placed correctly as well (in fact, they are exactly like the ElasticMan.fbx. I have attached a picture of where the Motionbuilder puts the ChestEndEffector (the green arrow points at the misplaced effector).

If anyone has any insights, please enlighten me! Thank you!!!

LFGabel
07-15-2003, 06:57 PM
It would be useful to see the schematic view in MB as well as the scene browser window in LW to look over your bones.

Even though you names may be correct, perhaps your parenting is not...

Mechis
07-15-2003, 08:15 PM
3d Dave already suggested that to me (I'm using his skeleton). He was right- the leg bones were not direct descendents of the hips. HOWEVER, that did not fix my problem. I will see if I can get a screenshot of my schematic and scene browser tonight.
Thanks!

Mechis
07-17-2003, 12:06 PM
I think I got the answer:
http://www.kaydara.com/customer_services/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=6163#post6163

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.