PDA

View Full Version : Assume Skin Pose Help

NachoSant
04-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi guys!

I´m new in the world of MaxScript and I need help about Assume skin pose fuction; I have used the assume with maxscript and work ok, but I´ve got a question, I don´t know how detect if an object has assume skin pose execute or no.

I searched in forum threads about this and I just found a post about skin pose, but only talked about use it in a rig system of bones.

Thanks in advance!!

LoneRobot
04-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Hi Nacho, welcome to the forum

you can use the skinpose interface to get this info and set it.

on a selection of object call -

for o in selection do o.assumeSkinPose()

you also have

o.skinPosEnabled
o.skinRotEnabled
o.skinScaleEnabled

This is a boolean expression, so calling these will return whether is is enabled on the object in question -

so to check there is a skin pose enabled before you do -

for o in selection do
if o.skinPosEnabled or o.skinRotEnabled or o.skinScaleEnabled then o.assumeSkinPose()

NachoSant
04-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks LoneRobot!

I was testing that solution with skinPosEnabled but when you create an object in scene of Max this value is always true, althougth the object hasn´t got set assume skin pose "activated".

could I the option of skinposenabled change it to false by default in the objects created¿?

thanks man!

LoneRobot
04-28-2009, 10:37 AM
yes, all the properties for this are read/write so setting .skinposenabled = false would turn it off if it was on.

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2009, 10:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.