PDA

View Full Version : a question about skinning

NOV
07-15-2003, 02:06 AM
hey guys, just wondering if you could give me a hint on the following situation:

I haved fully skinned one of my character. however, i want to get rid of the -1 value in the transform node of the other half of the model. Is there way to do that besides deleting the history (meaning not to redo the whole skinning process again.... painting weight is not fun )? thanks a lot!!

Levitateme
07-15-2003, 06:01 PM
-1?
did you not combine your model? what do you mean exactly, did you just duplicate -1 and then skin the 2 halfs?

NOV
07-16-2003, 11:00 AM
I didn't combine every parts together before I skinned it. the arms and legs are all separeted, then duplicated (scale -1) over. can I still save it?:p

Levitateme
07-16-2003, 07:00 PM
hi nov,

i would try this in maya but i dont have a scene to do this on. have you tried exporting your skin weights? if you did that you can "im guessing" freeze transformation. then import your skin weights back in. i would try that. if soemone replies with the correct way, im sure there going to say find a node in the hypergraph. can you just freeze transformation? if its skinned you dont want to touch the geometry anyway, i dont know why it would be important.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.