PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Implementing model into cylidrical panorama

kingoslo
04-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Hello my friends!

I am looking to clone this model about 50 times, and render this parking lot full of them, side by side.

Problem is the curving lines. How can I decide what camera etc to use? how will I implement this to this composition?

Trying to calculate the perspective has been a nightmare.

This is the model:

http://www.kingoslo.com/temp/render1.jpg

This is the parking space with curved lines:

http://www.kingoslo.com/temp/Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

beaker
04-26-2009, 10:21 PM
without knowing what compositor your using, DF or Nuke I would bake the texture into the uv's and bring a lowrez model of the car into my compositor and then you can place it any angle you want.

As for the warped plate, why don't you figure out the proper lens warp on the plate is in order to unwarp it. Then reverse those numbers and apply it to your cars.

kingoslo
04-27-2009, 08:31 AM
without knowing what compositor your using, DF or Nuke I would bake the texture into the uv's and bring a lowrez model of the car into my compositor and then you can place it any angle you want.

As for the warped plate, why don't you figure out the proper lens warp on the plate is in order to unwarp it. Then reverse those numbers and apply it to your cars.

Dear beaker,

I did not understand that. Could you please explain to me in more basic terms?

I am working in 3ds max 2009 + vray.

Thanks,
Marius

beaker
04-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Your posting in the compositing forum, what compositor are you using?

kingoslo
04-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Hello,

I compose in 3ds man, render in vray and do post production in photoshop.

I have no experience with any other compositioning software.

Kind regards,
Marius

sundialsvc4
04-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Do you know anything about the camera-position, lens f-stop, and so forth that were used to take the original photograph? Do you know the size of the lot?

If not, can you reasonably estimate it?

Then: model the flat parking-lot, with the cars positioned in its square grid. Next, position a digital camera in the same physical position and with the same f-stop et al that was used to make the plate. The resulting render ought to match-up acceptably well to the plate.

It might be helpful to roughly lay-out the parking lot paint-lines on a plane that represents the physical lot. In fact, then you can (almost instantaneously) photograph just that, and use it to match-up with the lines on the plane. This ought to be a useful time-saver as you're determining the camera position etc. if you do not already know them.

(This is also an important reminder of the reason for bringing a log-book with you, and surveying equipment if necessary, when shooting a plate. You need definite knowledge of all of the parameters used when making the shot ... even light-meter readings, time of day, sun angle.)

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2009, 01:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.