PDA

View Full Version : character: WarMaster

shards
07-14-2003, 11:22 PM
hello..this is my last work..and my second head, any comment and suggestions as to make the skin more realistic is really appreciated! thanks!!:buttrock:

http://oblivionrealms.port5.com/mm/warrior.jpg

richpr
07-15-2003, 06:58 AM
His face looks like bronze... Make it less metallic (spec?) and lighter...

Also soften the shadows on the face... from the helmet... Maybe using an area light... or a softer shadow color...

Triple G
07-15-2003, 07:11 AM
Pretty much what Rich said...adjust your spec/gloss settings on the skin to make it less metallic-looking. I'd also work on a better lighting setup and give it a background other than black. There looks to be some texture stretching on the shoulder/chest area as well...probably need to adjust the UVs or use a different projection method.

Shade01
07-15-2003, 07:15 AM
Wow, you are going way too heavy on the bumps and the procedurals. A good start would to tone everything way down. Nice model though.

richpr
07-15-2003, 07:33 AM
Don't forget to check out the Human Skin thread in the Texturing & Surfacing forum on this site as well... Might be just what you're looking for...

BTW I like the helmet!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.