PDA

View Full Version : Funding your Internship

Dansolo
04-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi,
Not sure if this in the right place but here goes.

I have been offered an unpaid internship role at a small local animation studio. Its the best offer I have had since graduating in 2006.

Does anyone know of any grants, bursuries or funding I can apply for to cover my expensies as the position will be unpaid and I will have to travel or relocate inorder to take the offer.

I have already tried
Skillset, Advantage West Midlands, NorthWest Vision, Department Work and Pensions and the Jobcentre. All of which couldn't suggest anything.

Its a great offer but I don't know how I can take it up.

Ironic thing is I was working part-time at Woolworths until its closure in January so it would have been ideal.

Dan.

DanielWray
04-25-2009, 06:05 PM
How much flexibility do you have with the studio, would they mind you work say 3 days a week and you work else were for money the rest of the week, it'd be hard work but it may be your only option.

Job seekers allowance, you could go on this, but they'd probably not help you since you need to be willing to quit your internship for a payed job, which isn't very helpfull at all.

Also i can't find anything on google about finances, although if your heading back to university for your last year they should be able to help you, i would think so anyway.

This might sound abit OTT, but have you tried contacting your local MP, they should (hopefully) know what your entitled too etc.

Dansolo
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Cheers Dan,

Already contacted my lcoal MP who much like the DWP, SkillSet and Advantage West Midlands didn't have any adivce or knew of anything.

Dan.

CGTalk Moderation
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.