PDA

View Full Version : DFX+ dongle

mokba
07-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Just got my DFX+ box with no dongle. Looking back through the forum I spot references (and even photos) of this item. The installation reference in the manual even talks about this. Has eyeon changed something or am I just missing the obvious?

3DDave
07-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Why don't you send an e-mail to Eyeon?

They have great support.

ChristianFischer
07-14-2003, 05:47 PM
hi mokba.

a dongle should be included ... at least in my package there was a dongle :hmm:

chris

mokba
07-14-2003, 07:08 PM
thanks all, my next email will be to eyeon.

Psyhke
07-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Hey mokba,

I just recieved mine, and there was not a dongle included. However, I registered my the serial number and CD key for DFX+ at eyeon's site and got back a code, and it appears to be working without a dongle-- or perhaps it's tied to the LW dongle. Give it a try!

mokba
07-14-2003, 11:29 PM
thanks Psyhke!
I'm just about to head home with my copy so I will install/register and hopefully get up and running.

powerwave3d
07-15-2003, 12:51 AM
yep, just got mine today too. no dongle. it's tied to the lightwave serial # and dongle. guess that's a good thing...

Bytehawk
07-15-2003, 01:02 AM
that's a new one - I got a paralel dongle - would have preferred your option - one less dongle to worry about (unless it breaks)

KillMe
07-15-2003, 02:06 AM
i got a dongle too but maybe it would work without it who knows

mokba
07-15-2003, 03:23 AM
All,
I emailed eyeon and they replied quickly with a full explanation. This upgrade offer was supposed to originally work from the LW dongle. They did not have all the details worked out when they started shipping but they do now. Installation gives you a message using the LW dongle which in turn you use for registration, etc. I don't know if you can eliminate your dongle if you are using it or not, maybe that's the next question for eyeon. Thanks for the help. mokba

comanche
07-15-2003, 09:19 AM
If there's only ONE dongle - the LW one - you are forced to run DFX+ on the same machine as LW, right? That's no good. I'm glad I'm one of the early birds that got a separate DFX dongle. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Andreas

Limbus
07-15-2003, 10:23 AM
It also makes it hard or even impossible to sell dfx+ without LW. Not that I want too but this is bad news for some people.

:thumbsdow
Florian

ChrisS
07-15-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by comanche
If there's only ONE dongle - the LW one - you are forced to run DFX+ on the same machine as LW, right? That's no good. I'm glad I'm one of the early birds that got a separate DFX dongle. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Andreas

That would be a bummer. I was planning to run DFX on the editing box.

3DDave
07-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Limbus
It also makes it hard or even impossible to sell dfx+ without LW. Not that I want too but this is bad news for some people.

:thumbsdow
Florian

I recall that Chuck Baker told everyone that they could sell their copy of DXF+. Hard to do when it's tied to your Lightwave dongle.

Ikarus
07-16-2003, 02:11 AM
If there's only ONE dongle - the LW one - you are forced to run DFX+ on the same machine as LW, right?

I just got my package today, and didn't get a dongle either. I haven't installed it yet, but if it does use the same lightwave dongle, it's gonna suck. :thumbsdow

I have an old computer, which was gonna be rendering while I used DFX+ on the faster computer, guess that's not gonna be happening now.:annoyed:

Is there any reason why some got dongles and other's didn't? So I guess there's no selling or transffering of license is there? How about the studio who updgraded, to have one person work on lightwave and another on DFX+? How about the Mac users who plan on rendering on his MAC, while they use DFX+ on a PC?.....I can see how some people are not gonna like it.

Anybody know if the dongle can be read or detected by two computer hooked up by a router?

GCL
07-16-2003, 03:00 AM
Hello all !
I should be receiving in due time my package. However, I don't have any idea if I will have the dongleless version. Is there a way for those that DO have the non-dongle version to contact eyeon
and see if an exchange can be made for a dongle version ?
I was told by vendor users were receiving the parallel dongle.
I hope so or at least see a USB version of it for trade.

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.