PDA

View Full Version : time offset footage in c2.1

JCGA
07-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Is it possible to adjust the start frame for a sequense in a composite? I'm using combustion 2.1 and couldn't find it anywhere. I ended up adding blank frames in front of the sequense and offsetting it that way which was a rather time consuming workaround.

Any help appreciated.

GrantKay
07-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Hi,

When your footage is imported as a layer in combustion, expand the layer in the workspace and select the footage operator.

You should now have the footage controls in front of you.

There will be 2 buttons/sub-menus, "Source" and "output".

On the right hand side of the controls you will see a small preview window of your footage. Below that You will see a heading called "Source Frames". By adjusting the "start" slider, this will change the in-point of the imported footage.

You can then off set this in the timeline.

Hope this helps

Regards
Grant

DISCREET UK.

JCGA
07-14-2003, 03:58 PM
Thanks GrantKay for your quick reply I really appreciate it.

But, the thing is that I want the sequence to start at frame 0 (local time), only later in the composite.

Let's say the composite is 100 frames long and a part of that composite is a sequence of 20 frames that I want to start at frame 80. I need to offset all frames for this so adjusting the Source Frames won't help.

Any suggestions?

igoraki
07-14-2003, 08:53 PM
from timeline,select overview and you will see every layers start and end,select and move...c will display numbers so you can set start frame very precise.
You have to select your composition from workspace before you start doing this,otherway you will see layers controls in timeline(transformation,layer,surface,operators).
hope this helps
have fun

dg
07-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure that I got you point here but Go to Time ( / ), Extend In Point to Current Time Marker ( , ) and Extend Out Point to Current Time Marker ( . ) works for me.

I hope this helps!
See Ya! :thumbsup:

JCGA
07-15-2003, 07:04 PM
Thanks alot guys, you've made my day =)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.