PDA

View Full Version : Freeze objects animation (excepted cameras)

groutcho
04-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Hello all,

I posted this thread in the general 3ds max section of the forum, but with no answers, I thought it would better fit here.

When playing the timeline is it possible not to play an object's animation, excepted in the case the object is a camera ?

My problem is that I have animations that are played in a 3d engine and they all play at the same time so it looks like a mess and I would like to keep the scene at its default state, while the cameras move around the objects.

groutcho
04-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Wrong message

JHN
04-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Are you aware that if you press and hold the play button it pops up the option to play selected? It hides everything else, but it's probably the fastest build in solution for you.

-Johan

groutcho
04-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Not bad, but not what I'm looking for because it hides the objects... I want them still, but visible... Thanks anyway.

groutcho
04-23-2009, 06:28 AM
frozenObjectsProperties = #() -- Element type : #(NAME, POSITION, ROTATION)

theFrozenObjects = for o in objects /* masked conditions */ collect o

for i = 1 to theFrozenObjects.count do (
frozenObjectsProperties[i] = #(theFrozenObjects[i], theFrozenObjects[i].pos, theFrozenObjects[i].rotation)
) -- Save position and rotation of objects at current frame

fn suspendAnimationClbk = (
for frozenObject in frozenObjectsProperties do
frozenObject[1].pos = frozenObject[2]
frozenObject[1].rotation = frozenObject[3]
)

registerTimeCallback suspendAnimationClbk

This is what I've done so far. I take the position and rotation of objects at current frame, and with the callback, I override the current key or interpolation value with the stored values. The callback doesn't return errors, but it doesn't override the position and rotation...

Is there some way to do it differently ?

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2009, 06:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.