PDA

View Full Version : Reel 2009 Character Td/ tools Luis San Juan

luigi
04-21-2009, 11:24 PM
In the past few months i did a new showreel , is been a while since I did the previous one in 2006.

On this thread I will put links to the high resolution movies. For quicker or lighter movies check the flash movies in my site. www.luis-sanjuan.com (http://www.luis-sanjuan.com)

this is my main reel around two minutes long , with the projects I been involve in Nexus Productions and Keytoon Animation Studios.

http://www.luis-sanjuan.com/cgtalk/LuisSanJuan_Reel.jpg

Showreel 2009 (right click save target as) (http://www.luis-sanjuan.com/movies/LuisSanJuan_reel2009.mp4)

the breakdown (http://www.luis-sanjuan.com/download/LuisSanJuan_Breakdown_Reel2009.pdf)
(http://www.luis-sanjuan.com/download/LuisSanJuan_Breakdown_Reel2009.pdf)

I did two specific reels to demostrate my skill in rigging and tools.this two reels are a bit longer.

http://www.luis-sanjuan.com/cgtalk/LuisSanJuan_CharacterTD_reel.jpg

character TD reel (right click save target as) (http://www.luis-sanjuan.com/movies/LuisSanJuan_CharacterTD_reel2009.mp4)
(http://www.luis-sanjuan.com/movies/LuisSanJuan_Tools_reel2009.mp4)

http://www.luis-sanjuan.com/cgtalk/LuisSanJuan_Tools_reel.jpg

Tools Reel (right click save target as) (http://www.luis-sanjuan.com/movies/LuisSanJuan_Tools_reel2009.mp4)

hope people like it. Please feel free to do comments , good feedback always help to improve the reels.

metamesh
04-21-2009, 11:35 PM
really impressive material Luis, that´s inspiring stuff, it makes wanna model something for you to rig it!! :D

glad to see this one on cgtalk, frontpage material

ALZHEM
04-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Just amazing... O_O

Probably one of the best technical reels I've ever seen!!! You are a legend!!!

m-greenwood
04-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Incredible work as always mate!
Looking forward to working with you again soon.

shenmue
04-22-2009, 01:02 AM
awesome work man!Amazing tools you´ve got there.
Keep up the good work!:buttrock:

grury
04-22-2009, 07:10 AM
Pure goodness Luizinho, once again congratulations, kick ass reel.

AsaMovshovitz
04-22-2009, 07:26 AM
A joy to watch 5* , definitely a front page plug:)

cheers,

Asa

skellybobbly
04-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Fantastic stuff.
Some of those rigs look like they'd be great fun to animate.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Jon

LlopisAnimation
04-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Nice works and very usefull tools.
Congratulations.

fleety
04-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Amazing stuff mate, 5*

spawnos
04-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Lovely stuff! a tremendous technical reel for many to aspire to! :bowdown:

PSIpower
04-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Nice stuff, some impressive rigs and the tools look really useful. Love the face rigs of the old guy and the young guy. Loverly smooth, expressive animationon on those!

EricDLegare
04-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Very very nice :P

Where's the plug ? :thumbsup:

luigi
04-22-2009, 12:03 PM
thanks for al the replys :). greta to see some old friedns in the thread , m-greenwood how is life in japan , grury how si doign vfx for features in helsinki.

thanks people for the reply , after you spenmt long time doing a reel , you dont knwo is is god or bad any more. Happy people is liking.

Glad people are liking the rig and tools , any comment on the project reels.??

Eric i loved you latest reel.

Chinwagon
04-22-2009, 01:40 PM
It's fantastic stuff Luis. I've never met someone so eager to perfect their craft and it's very impressive to see the great results that come along the way.
:¬)

RUCHE
04-22-2009, 01:51 PM
WOW :D amazing stuff Luis! :bounce: front page material! ^^

ErikE
04-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Wow! great stuff, truly inspiring

Mathieson
04-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Great reels! 5 stars and front page.

luigi
04-23-2009, 09:00 AM
thanks guys .

Brads thanks for the coments , was greta to work toguether years ago. Learn lots working with you.

ruche, erike and mathieson thanks for the coments. fornt page will be great , but is up to and administrator to put it :).

happy that lot fo peopel that have reply are riggers or tds and are liking my reel.

jor_dreams
04-23-2009, 09:14 AM
wow....
amazing!!! All the animation department of Planet51 saw your reel blowed up!!! This is just the rigger that every big project must have!!
Amazing my friend, I trust you'll get some great job with this incredible reel!

Good luck!
Cheers!

MeLtingBrAinZ
04-23-2009, 11:53 AM
speechless...

ALZHEM
04-23-2009, 04:31 PM
The more I watch it the more I want to be like you when I grow up! :bowdown:

PLUG! PLUG! This guy deserves it! argh! argh!

eek
04-24-2009, 12:18 AM
So Luis my good friend,

I just got you mail and you wanted me to comment, I have to admit i've seen this in secret and got time to mull over it for a few days.

The reel is awesome! Some of my favorite highlights are the characters that can switch mouths, mr crab is very cool, and the zipper system for the cricketer is wonderfull!The face tools are really nice & slick!

My door is always open and its always nice to find out what your up to. You can always fire me a mail if your stuck with anything. Great stuff Luis once again, any studio would be proud to have you working for them.

Charles

V1RU5
04-24-2009, 02:31 AM
I won't know where to begin....I'm in complete wow!

luigi
04-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Hi eek thanks for the coments , yes i fired you an email. i wanted al the good riggers to say what they think. you normally are always on cgtalk , so i was wondering if you didnt spot the thread.

But i dint want you to comment if you didnt want to, but in the past your fedback has been always great. thats why I wanted to you to coment the final reel. the one i sent to you a few months ago was the test one this one been reedited and with new bits.

jor_dreams , thanks for the coment. how is going the movie, soon animation will be finish not?? the trailer is looking amazing.

jose thanks for the support , love your crazy banana render.

dhnerurkar
04-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi Luis,

Your reel was very inspiring indeed. Seeing work like yours makes me work that much harder so thank you for posting your work. There was great variety in everything that you showed.
The moving mouth, zipper guy and the flexible crab, everything was so impressive. I am Looking forward to see other stuff from you.

Mossy
04-27-2009, 09:36 AM
hey luis,
checked out the reel... really liked the crab rig and the zipper rig is great!! :) keep up the amazing work!!

TIO_MATT
04-27-2009, 10:15 AM
That is great!
I really love the two reel details in the technical side...
Really impressive! I am sure you will find a new step forward with this material!!...
People can see what u up to in 3d!!! and can appreciate the quality that not to many people can produce...
Good luck my friend! You kick ass!

luigi
04-27-2009, 10:31 AM
dhnerurkar (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=255384) : thanks for the coments , check my website where i got more information and more tech videos ,and movies of the projects i been involve if you want to see more material.
and my reel is the result of 8 years in cg , so alot fo ours and time put on it , if you work hard and you like what you do , you wil get a similar showreel. Is always lots fo stuff to learn right know i am with phyton , phymel making my maya skil better.Is a never stop proffesion :).

mossy: thanks for the coments. people is realy liking the crab and the zipper as it looks.

Tiomatt: how is live threating you??. enjoying your new life over barcelona :). Is been ages since we work toguether in nexus doing coke video game. You a kicc artist too.

qstom
04-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Oh la la!
..Yes I'm agree with all of then. ( I mean, I hate you too hehe )
Very Impressive ! 5starz *****

¬¬ Agh..y como se queda uno despues de ver una reel tan completa ! ahora que me estoy rehaciendo el portfolio! :p

Saludos !!

frSnop
04-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Hey Luis awesome reels!, your tools are amazing.
I was very lucky to do rigging with you for my first job.

mediaramas
04-30-2009, 03:39 PM
wow! I'd love to animate with one of your rigging systems, so flexible! you can do everything with them! just great!

Boucha
04-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Really Impressive Reel....I Enjoyed It a Lot. :cool:

:thumbsup: Great Reel !!!

ZofieChau
04-30-2009, 07:40 PM
That was really fun to watch. Are these just little snippits of things you've done here and there? If so, it really makes me wish I could see all the stuff separately!

vvkonline
04-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Awesome reel man, great projects you have worked on and I've seen almost everyone one of them. Thanks for sharing.

luigi
05-01-2009, 10:11 AM
thanks for all the coments.

qstom: yor blog rocks :buttrock:

frsnop: francoise was great to work with you too :)

mediaramas: im planing to make a few free rigs but never got the time for it.

boucha: thanks for the coments , glad td rigggers are liking the reel

zofie: check my site and you can see projects and a bit of more tech videos ut i dot have to much time to update it, find free time do demorigs videos is always difficult.and yes there are part of the project i been involve professionally

vvkonline : glad you liked the site

hugogt
05-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Really good job Luis! I'm sure it's a pleasure to work with this setups.
Excellent reel.

torresctorres
05-03-2009, 07:25 PM
It's REALLY cool Luis, you are sooo good at your craft!!!
is a delight to see it, as much as work with you for sure :)

chindian
05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Wow man! That was awesome!! Great set of tools... you're truely a master of ur craft! Great work!

metamesh
05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
indeed, great to see people still posting on this reel, great material man,

VinceTech
05-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Really nice work mate !
Top row material for me :thumbsup:

I was already impressed by your rigs when working on Coke avatar, but I can see you've done much more than that !
Looking forward to see what you're going to create next :)

Vince.

luigi
05-07-2009, 03:48 PM
hi great to se exworkmates on the forum.

torrectorres and vincetech ha in going in the big companies. was great to work with you guys.

Hugogt and chindian thanks for the comments

metamesh quite happy with the thread got 40 replies and 26 votes. and people is liking the reels :)

wamo
05-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Very cool tools and reel Luis! Like them all :). The Zipper specialy was intersting..keep going on Man!

DogFighter
05-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey man! that's a very impressive reel you've got in there. I wish I could animate some of the characters myself. I especially like your facial setup with the squashy head.

When are we going to have some free rigs to animate from you!? ;)

5 stars from me! :thumbsup:

shalabology
05-12-2009, 09:08 AM
i really cant express how impressed i am , just one qs regarding the tools : are they just maxscript made?i.e no sdk overthere?

IkerCLoN
05-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Hey, Luis! Tons of hot stuff and inspiring work there! Definitely one can learn a lot just by watching your reels (over and over and over... ;)).

Congrats for the superb work!

luigi
05-13-2009, 12:53 PM
wamo: loved your reel too , specially the hulk character.

Dogfither: i am playing to release free scripts and a few rigs , just need to find the enough free time to do it, going bit by bit , first i do the site ,later a new reel and last free rigs and script are the next thing coming.

shalabology all in this reel is maxscript , maxscript with structure are e quite powerful , right know i am learning sdk and phyton to push the quality further. mainly to get speed quicker than the only bad thing of maxscript.

Ikerclon , glad you like , your blog is inspirational too , you doing a great progress since you left ilion, i listen that kandor is moving to xsi , how is the transition going . learning phyton know i suppose :).

madguru
06-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Great reels! The way you presented the TD and Tools work was really interesting too. You've really done a lot of work and you know how to show it in a great way. I started thinking of things to try just looking at your rigs. Great work!

-Adnan

navid-3dsmax
08-13-2009, 02:38 PM
wonderful,great and solid work,really lovely and useful tools.

Rla
08-13-2009, 07:01 PM
very nice.encore i loved it. Two Thumbs Up

CGTalk Moderation
08-13-2009, 07:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.