PDA

View Full Version : Combustion on multiple monitors

Faridzadeh
07-14-2003, 03:31 AM
I'm running Combustion 2.0 on windows XP with three monitors. The main monitor is a 21 inchers, with two 15 inchers on either side.
I went into the preference menu for combustion to set some of the basics for multiple monitor use. It recognizes all three displays.
When I open the program the time line and tools are on the mail screen with the two side monitors showing a blank grey screen. So far so good. When i open a project, combustion shrinks to a small window on the main monitor. When I maximize it it only maximizes to the main monitor with the main display split in half. On the left side is a "Composite" View, which I'm assuming would go on the left monitor (which is Monitor 3), and the right side seems to be left side of a normal combustion setup.
Right now my combustion projects are simple enough to only need one active monitor, but the thought of running several is pretty tempting.
Any thoughts or ideas, what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks

dg
07-14-2003, 08:59 AM
Hi there!

First is always a good idea to use monitors of the same size, but if you can't make sure that all monitors use the same resolution, this will prevent some problems with maximize etc...
And if your projects don't need 3 monitors turn them off, and stick to the bigger one, at least you will save some energy :)

And if I'm not mistaken combustion v2.1 has a bug, he can't record floating window positions, but I'm not really sure about this so...

Well I hope this helps.
See Ya! :thumbsup:

Faridzadeh
07-15-2003, 06:49 AM
Well the two 15 inchers were free, and you can't beat that price. However I'm running them at a lower resolution (800x600), so the change in size just won't really work.
One crazy solution I have is to rotate the monitors. I actually realized that if I update the drivers, I can rotate them on their sides and now the height matches my 21 inch monitor and I can set the resolution to the same setting as the 21 inch, so everything would be the same throughout. The side displays would have less space across, but until I can find a company about to go bankrupt and has no choice but to give away their 21 inch monitors at dirt cheap prices, it'll just have to do. The only downside to having a monitor on it's side is the heat issue. I would have to graft a setup that would allow some air flow.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.