PDA

View Full Version : New Website/Reel critique

joewhammy
04-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey guys I put together a site with my reel and some misc 3d work this weekend.
Im hoping to start loking for work in the LA area this week. Im seeking an animator position so im not sure about leaving the modeling and graphic design stuff on there.
Let me know what you think.

heres the site - http://www.joemiranda.com/

thanks in advance =)

Wilson-3d
04-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I think your animation is looking good. Love that first one with the guy jumping. Great choice to start out with it. I have my site set up in a similar way. Keeping only animation on your reel but having all the other artistic stuff on your site too. That way if they like your animation and want to look around some more they can see some of your other strong points. As far as your reel goes, even though body mechanics seem to be the most important, once you get a lip sync shot on there I think it will round it out more. I imagine that is the next thing you will be working on anyway.

good work and good luck on the hunt.

joewhammy
04-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the kind words Chris :bounce:

mistasam02
05-01-2009, 08:34 AM
That was rad! I really liked the parkour one, and the windy one. You just need some harder/heavier stuff on there to really show weight.. like a fight or a car crash. Or an acting piece. Aside from that, I like the website and the reel is lookin good. Keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2009, 08:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.