PDA

View Full Version : LW is still screwed up!!!???

nessjp
07-13-2003, 09:36 PM
OK,

Within the last few weeks, Lightwave has started bugging out.
The rotate, pan and zoom icons are way too sensitive. Using these functions, primarily in the perspective view, causes the function to be so sensitive that it can hardly be controlled except with the slightest movement. THis is also the case now with dragging or moving points as well.
I thought it was a 7.5c thing, so I re-installed and am back to the regular 7.5. It still did it, so I re-installed again creating all new default config files. Same thing.
It seems to be on certain models. If I start a simple model it is alright for awhile, but even these new ones will eventually get like this as I work on them.
What the hell is going on? I have downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers for my graphics card, but it was fine before all of this started and that did not do anything anyway.
I have tried everything. Could my dongle be doing this?
It seems especially weird, that I have seen more people as of lately complaining about similar type issues. Never heard anything like this and now other people getting similar results. How can this be?
Guess I will wait and hope LW8 will take me back to how it was.

nessjp
07-13-2003, 09:47 PM
Hmmm...

It seems as if I may have found something.
I never put 2 and 2 together, but I just disabled a new feature from my internet provider and now everything seems to be ok.

A few weeks back ATT broadband switched over to comcast and in doing so, put some new maintenance software on my computer. This new software leaves an icon in the sys tray and when I close it, LW is fine.

Could this be the culprit with all the issues that everybody else is having lately?

I will post this tip as a new thread and see if other people that have Comcast internet get similar results.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.