PDA

View Full Version : free LW rig qiuck to set up and animate using selection sets

T4D
07-13-2003, 05:00 PM
working on a nice quick to setup and animate Rig using selection sets in the scene editor and basic ik i find this rig is a nice start
but would like some feedback on what everyone else likes =)

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~t4d/LW_RIG.jpg

download here (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~t4d/T4D_Rig_003.zip)

rickycox
07-14-2003, 02:51 AM
Hey thanks will check it out :thumbsup:

T4D
07-14-2003, 06:01 AM
Updated rig pretty happy with it now
please post your comments :beer:
download here (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~t4d/T4D_Rig_003.zip)

T4D
07-14-2003, 02:57 PM
updated again same links
but perfect for what i'm doing
post if you dislike any thing or have any improvment:)

aurora
07-14-2003, 03:02 PM
just downloaded it and will play with it later today andgive feedback this aftrenoon /evening. Can't wait to see what you have cooked up. THANKS!:applause:

rickycox
07-14-2003, 04:07 PM
I must admit I don't know much abput charater rigging, but it's fun to play with. I like the setup for the eyes. Very cool.

T4D
07-15-2003, 12:22 AM
another update same link
fixed shoulder rotation works good and proper now :)

Mechis
07-15-2003, 04:18 AM
Overall, the rig is pretty cool. A couple of things- I really liked your idea of selection sets. That did away with a lot of visible controls, which made the character less cluttered.

Some things that I'm not sure I liked, or I didn't understand- I couldn't figure out how the finger controls worked. I would rotate it and only one figure would rotate. Am I supposed to rotate the control in different directions to make all the fingers bend?
Also, I wasn't sure how to control the elbow direction. Is there an elbow aimer?
Another thing was that I couldn't figure out how to rotate from the ball of the foot, WHILE keeping the toes level- like going on tip toe.
Perhaps some of these critiques are unwarranted because your controls solve them and I just couldn't figure them out. heh. If that's the case, could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I really liked how most of it worked though and the selection sets were a great idea. Cute character too :)

T4D
07-15-2003, 05:19 AM
I couldn't figure out how the finger controls worked.

each channel of the finger null controls a finger bend
eg-
heading controls finger 1 bend
pitch controls finger 2 bend
bank control finger 3 bend

will add a scale channel to the finger null so you can get finger sprend as well

I wasn't sure how to control the elbow direction. Is there an elbow aimer?

the upper arm bank controls the elbow it's the only one not used by the IK

I couldn't figure out how to rotate from the ball of the foot, WHILE keeping the toes level- like going on tip toe.

i don't like the toe being control by a expression due to the toe doing alot more then straying level with the ground
so i animate the toes for tip toes, jumping and walking manually
I find it just better that way :)
you can also add that if you wish

Thanks for checking it out & the comments
i should have added a readme file to the rig to explain all that, but you seemed to have work most of it out :beer:

Mechis
07-15-2003, 06:40 AM
Cool! Thanks for the explanations :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.