PDA

View Full Version : Wen-kido-yin, Olijosman (2D)

olijosman
07-13-2003, 10:47 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/45174/WEN-KIDO-YIN1_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/45174/WEN-KIDO-YIN1.jpg)

Another old picture, a "friend" of Gorush I think!!:wavey:

NMarzian
07-13-2003, 11:58 AM
No comment so far?

I think that your style is great. It goes into the direction of manga, but is still unique. :applause:
The shades and higlights (especially the one of the hair) are creating a very vivid atmosphere.

Are these clouds on which your character stands? Maybe it is volitional that he seems to fly but it affects strangely on me.

Awesome work. Do you have more work to show? :rolleyes:

olijosman
07-13-2003, 12:30 PM
new version of the picture! sorry!!:)

NelsonInomvan
07-13-2003, 12:45 PM
Look great man i love the style. But the idea is a kind strange. Well i'm not shure what bothers me in this pic :shrug: but it's great man :thumbsup:

okkio
07-13-2003, 12:47 PM
I like it! Great work, the lighting is beautiful, the pose is great... really nice work. What did you use to create it??

olijosman
07-13-2003, 12:50 PM
sorry! I use only photoshop :)

xeno
07-13-2003, 12:56 PM
Wow! The lighting is superb, incredibly atmospheric!
Pose and use of colors is awesome! Very very nice work,
i want more!

CGmonkey
07-13-2003, 01:33 PM
That's.. awesome!

The Cross
07-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Will somebody colour everyframe of a 2D animation like that already !?

Palladio
07-13-2003, 02:06 PM
Alucinante olijosman. Te vas a convertir en el rey de CGTalk :applause:

You're the King!!!

Solesurvivor
07-13-2003, 02:10 PM
:surprised
:applause:
perfect work

tomb
07-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Congradulations on this piece. Really great style Oli!

grafikdon
07-13-2003, 02:18 PM
'Will somebody colour everyframe of a 2D animation like that already !?'

LOL. You wouldn't like the effect of that technique, trust me. Imagine characters with flickering skin and clothe colours.

eYadNesS
07-13-2003, 02:55 PM
I liked the left side of the hair, it's very cool ;)

Chewey
07-13-2003, 03:04 PM
The head is too big for the rest of the body and the placement of the head on the shoulders looks off.

olijosman
07-13-2003, 03:18 PM
yes, the sice of the head is big, like the hands and the shoes...
you know, cartoon style!:)

Chewey
07-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by olijosman
yes, the sice of the head is big, like the hands and the shoes...
you now, cartoon style!:)

It doesn't match since the style has too many realistic elements to work as cartoon style. It's a nice piece of work but it's certainly flawed and not "perfect" like some fanboys have gushed.

olijosman
07-13-2003, 04:00 PM
Thanks for you opinion!;)

Quandary One12
07-13-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Chewey
It doesn't match since the style has too many realistic elements to work as cartoon style. It's a nice piece of work but it's certainly flawed and not "perfect" like some fanboys have gushed.

chewey I think your being a little hard on olijosman work you know it sure does look like a cartoon, even tho now a days cartoons don't always mean realistic look at the show trigun.

Hookflash
07-13-2003, 05:15 PM
I agree with Chewey's opinions, but I don't approve of the condescending tone he used to express them. Overall, I think it's a very nice pic with a few minor flaws.

gumpymaker
07-13-2003, 05:39 PM
I really like the sword and the rest of th the body, the head seems a little female in shape but the overall affect is wonderful, great image.

BlueCougar
07-13-2003, 06:41 PM
All the hard noses with critiques need to remember that this isn't the focused critique forum, This is the Gallery/Finished work so people can share the work they have created. If he wanted a critique he would have posted it in the Focused Critique forum. Just my 2 cents.

Kenn

p.s. It looks good! How long did it take you to create it? :thumbsup:

olijosman
07-13-2003, 07:15 PM
It´s an old picture, a week I think!
thanks for all BlueCougar:beer:

CGIExpert
07-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by The Cross
Will somebody colour everyframe of a 2D animation like that already !?
Hehehe... I'm waiting for that to! :buttrock:

koroko
07-13-2003, 07:55 PM
Another piece of Artwork!

Now that i see another picture of you, i gotta say that your lightning its really awesome, it gots style and personallity...

cheers...

Los fallos q ve el pavo este, de q si el cuello y los hombros,sólo q sepas q yo no los veo, y no soy ningun fanboy, sólo para q tengas otra opinion... :)

Keep posting!

_________
angel

Pezz3D
07-13-2003, 08:38 PM
this may seem a bit nit picky but the area in the below picture is blurred... any how nice job... I really like the style!

LordShaitan
07-13-2003, 08:52 PM
It looks great, but im a bit confused. Is it suppose to be a woman or a man?

illustr8rX
07-13-2003, 08:58 PM
I think the character looks excellent. The proportions don't bother me at all, but then I believe in taking artistic liscence with things like that. Personally, I'm not a fan of cloud backgrounds -even though these were rendered very well. Great Work! Let's see some more!

dbach
07-13-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by grafikdon
'Will somebody colour everyframe of a 2D animation like that already !?'

LOL. You wouldn't like the effect of that technique, trust me. Imagine characters with flickering skin and clothe colours.

Yeah but with a LOT of work you might be able to get something simular out of 3D with no flickering.

-Don

unclebob
07-13-2003, 09:29 PM
Yes, this piece may have its flaws and it may not be perfect, but to "MY" eyes it is perfect because it works for "ME". "I" like the look of the character, "I" like the pose, the lighting and the overall look.

To me, it conveys a kid looking to kick some major butt because of some wrong doing that was perpetrated on his family or village.

I am not an artist by any stretch, hell I can't draw stick figures, but "I" know what "I" like and "I" like this artwork. Isn't that what is intended with art, to please and/or move the individual viewer ? This piece moved me.

Great work Olijosman.

greengold
07-13-2003, 10:15 PM
Very Nice indeed!! I really like the colors and use of lighting. The details of the clothing make it look really exceptional.
:thumbsup:

Adam
07-13-2003, 10:30 PM
I agree with chewey and I think his crit was fine. Quandary One12 if someone doesn't want true crit than they shouldn't post. olijosman took the crit in the correct manner as well (god everyone seem overly sensetive these days on cgtalk). Anyay back to your piece. I also would have to agree that although the background is well excecuted it doesn't mesh well with the content of the character. A character with such style coulkd use a backgrounf that furthers his story.. I think the clothing is well extutes with exception to where the red armor meets the rest of the armor (at the end of the two red bands that go down and for circular holes or.. im not sure what they are). Anyway godd work jsut needs a little bit more before I would proclaim it a masterpiece

Hookflash
07-13-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Adam
I agree with chewey and I think his crit was fine. Quandary One12 if someone doesn't want true crit than they shouldn't post.

I also agree with Chewey's crit. However, this *is* such a thing as balance & diplomacy. He made no positive comments, and it was almost as though he was trying to go out of his way to be harsh & mean in contrast to the "fanboys". I think we should all try to follow the 121 rule that is used on the ZBrushCentral forums. Basically, you try to balance every negative comment with a positive one.

olijosman
07-13-2003, 11:10 PM
no problem! :beer:

Adam
07-13-2003, 11:11 PM
Im sorry I don't want to turn his post into an area for somewthing quite different so this is my last comment in this thread

I think it is nice to get good comments but if you can't easily come up with a positive comment as easily as you came up with a negative comment (with a reason) then you shouldn't be pushed to find something that just isn't there for you as a critquer. I personally want comments that are just and honest. i don't want people giving me good comments simple because they didn't like part of my art in an attempt to make me feel more balanced in opinions. I want the truth. If i choose to listen to the crit is completely up to me but by me asking for crits I am throughing myself on the mercy of the community positive or negative.

Viper3d
07-14-2003, 12:01 AM
critiques aren't suppose to make you feel all warm and tingly inside. They're meant to be harsh sometimes, thats the only way some people can understand that their piece needs work.

I love your style olijo, and excellent lighting, but I agree with Chewie. The first thing I noticed was something was wrong with the head. At first I thought his neck was kind of long, but then it made me realize he just had a really big head. Overall nice job though.

malcolmvexxed
07-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by BlueCougar
All the hard noses with critiques need to remember that this isn't the focused critique forum, This is the Gallery/Finished work so people can share the work they have created. If he wanted a critique he would have posted it in the Focused Critique forum. Just my 2 cents.

wait a minute so we can't criticize a pic if its' posted here anymore? the criticisms made were perfectly valid. The proportions of the arms and some other elements are too realistically rendered to match the cartoony style in other places. He said what he felt and I happen to agree with his crit.

Is this basically the ass kissing forum now where you only get to respond if you're gonna compliment something?

nixi
07-14-2003, 12:45 AM
really good ligthing man, your work is great :thumbsup:

Chewey
07-14-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Hookflash
I agree with Chewey's opinions, but I don't approve of the condescending tone he used to express them. Overall, I think it's a very nice pic with a few minor flaws.

The critiques were direct and to the point and not condescending. There is no requirement that we all act the fanboy in the manner that we offer critiques

If you have a problem with my post and feel the need to make it personal, take it offline where it belongs.

Chewey
07-14-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Adam
Im sorry I don't want to turn his post into an area for somewthing quite different so this is my last comment in this thread

I think it is nice to get good comments but if you can't easily come up with a positive comment as easily as you came up with a negative comment (with a reason) then you shouldn't be pushed to find something that just isn't there for you as a critquer. I personally want comments that are just and honest. i don't want people giving me good comments simple because they didn't like part of my art in an attempt to make me feel more balanced in opinions. I want the truth. If i choose to listen to the crit is completely up to me but by me asking for crits I am throughing myself on the mercy of the community positive or negative.

I agree. If you really like the 121 rule that is used on the ZBrushCentral forums then simply go frequent that forum. If you don't like critiques that are direct then don't post your work under the CGTalk>Critiques categories of forums.
(Note that the category includes the word Critiques.)

shaangfx
07-14-2003, 01:23 AM
cool stuff!!!!!
i like the impact ! its jsut excellent!!!! smooth and shiny ...good for posters and pinsups impact! character design again is good..simple and not too much detail!!!:beer: congraz for the front page!:eek: :thumbsup:

Hookflash
07-14-2003, 01:28 AM
The critiques were direct and to the point and not condescending.

Well, maybe I'm just misinterpreting it, but it *seemed* condescending to me.

Several years ago, I spent *many* hours on a drawing of Conan the Barbarian. In retrospect, it wasn't very good, but it was better than anything I had done up until that point. I was quite proud of it. I showed it to my "artist" friend, and his response was, "The head and feet are too small". That was it. No "Nice effort, *but*..." or anything. He made me feel as though my drawing had no comendable qualities whatsoever. I was hurt, and I gave up drawing (until recently).

I am all for a good critique, but I think it's important to balance it with encouragement. I don't understand why you can't see where I'm coming from. :curious:

Hookflash
07-14-2003, 01:33 AM
There is no requirement that we all act the fanboy in the manner that we offer critiques

I agree. I think fanboy comments, completely absent of critique, are just as harmful (albeit in a different way) as cold critiques devoid of encouragement. As in all things, balance is key, imo.

And, no, I don't wish to make this "personal".:beer:

Chewey
07-14-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Hookflash
Well, maybe I'm just misinterpreting it, but it *seemed* condescending to me.

snip...

I don't understand why you can't see where I'm coming from. :curious:

Yes, you did "just misinterpreting it".

Don't expect the rest of us to see or really care where you're coming from.

malcolmvexxed
07-14-2003, 02:12 AM
Several years ago, I spent *many* hours on a drawing of Conan the Barbarian. In retrospect, it wasn't very good, but it was better than anything I had done up until that point. I was quite proud of it. I showed it to my "artist" friend, and his response was, "The head and feet are too small". That was it. No "Nice effort, *but*..." or anything. He made me feel as though my drawing had no comendable qualities whatsoever. I was hurt, and I gave up drawing (until recently).
[/B]

then you are too weak mentally to succeed in anything if you rely on other people's compliments to do something you love for yourself. It's a valuable lesson everybody has to go through, from athletes to artists.

Dr. Bang
07-14-2003, 03:03 AM
with that package of his, he wont be having trouble looking for girlfriends

igorstshirts
07-14-2003, 04:40 AM
Well, it did make the front page. The head is a little too big but does work well with the overall look. Nice illustrative style on the gloves and hands even though you chose not to paint most of the fingers. The waist down has an Otomo feel to it and the boots are great however it is hard to see the lower part of 'em as there is not enough contrast from the backround. Nice work! (Now that is a proper crit).:p

friedrice
07-14-2003, 06:39 AM
i do believe hes holding his sword backwards? unless hes using a baka sword like kenshin. :P

Mobra
07-14-2003, 07:40 AM
Hi olijosman!

Your work really dererve the fornt page again!! Your work really impresses me!You lighthing reminds me some Hudson River school artists! Can I ask you something? How many layers you used in Photoshop for this work? What model of tabletdo you used? Sorry about these questions!! Your works are awesome!!

Dont worry about some no balanced comments! Theese comments should to make you improve (is that possible? heheh).

olijosman
07-14-2003, 07:50 AM
Hi Mobra, I use aprox 6, 7 layers. one for the color, another one for the sky and others for the glows and details.
I work wiht intuos wacom tablet, I love it!! thanks for all!!;)

d4rk
07-14-2003, 08:33 AM
I didn't notice anything being out of porportion the only thing that bothered me was that it REALLY REALLY looks like Lisa Marie Presley. In fact I couldn't stop staring at the head. I thought that was what it was when I saw it on the front page. Kinda made me laugh, is she going after the media with that sword? Or Michael? ;)

Your techniques are awesome though! I think if you need to just work on porportion that it's small in comparision to the skills and talent you have down already.

panta
07-14-2003, 08:56 AM
i perfectly agree with hookflash...

and malcolm... maybe he's too mentally weak, maybe you're right... but his friend have been completely unsensitive, and show no respect from a friend's work...

people should always encourage each other, and have some respect... i can tell you: "your work is horrible, but i know that doing THIS and THIS you could be better" and not simply "your work is horrible"

----------------------------

olijosman, i loved your work, the lighting is awesome and all other technical stuff, but i simply love the design of the char (the gloved hands and the sword is superb)

hey chewy... for the proportions and the cartoon style... i think this char works very well with cartoon style... maybe you forget Bill Fleming's Living Toons (and we are all Bill's son)

cartoons are no more simple shading, big eyes and big mouth...

Viper3d
07-14-2003, 09:24 AM
are judges sensitive when they announce the winner of a contest? I'm not saying this is a contest, but cmon. People want sensitivity too much these days. Society needs to learn how to take some good hard criticism and stop wanting everyone to sugar coat everything. I agree, if you took your "friends" critique that harshly, maybe you're in the wrong field.

Leave the sensitivty off of an art forum for now, it has no place here. If you want someone to tell you everything you do is wonderful and perfect, where is the incentive to do better? You could probably always go show the picture to mom or dad and they'll pin it up on the refrigerator, but I'd rather have someone tell me my work sucks than lie and say its great.

Just my 2 cents...

p.s. none of this is towards you olijo, I stand by that the overall picture is great, there are just some parts that seem off.

Aelius
07-14-2003, 12:51 PM
I sort of like this and sort of don't. :shrug:

He looks a bit creepy to me, since there's no real clue as who he is or what he's going to do with that sword. There's no story to him- if that makes sense. He kind of looks "generic" for want of a better word. Like there could be millions more of him - futuristic upity middle-class kids rebelling against their wealthy upbringing, determined to prove their manhood in a cosy, pampered existence. But maybe that's the point?

He looks angry at someone, but he's got no scars, no experience in his face to justify the glare, which leads me to assume that he's angry at his life - for being a nobody. He's eager to get out there and do some damage, make his impression on the world.

Well, that's my personal interpretation.:hmm:

I agree with Chewey (though I'd maybe have been a bit less bitchy about it) - it's too cartoony to be realistic, and too realistic to be cartoon. But I'd add that in doing that, you've found a niche of your own there. Not sure I'm comfortable with it yet, but you know, that's just me - personal preference.

Either way, beautiful photoshop work from a craftsman's point of view. Well done! :thumbsup:

panta
07-14-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Viper3d
are judges sensitive when they announce the winner of a contest? I'm not saying this is a contest, but cmon. People want sensitivity too much these days. Society needs to learn how to take some good hard criticism and stop wanting everyone to sugar coat everything. I agree, if you took your "friends" critique that harshly, maybe you're in the wrong field.

Leave the sensitivty off of an art forum for now, it has no place here. If you want someone to tell you everything you do is wonderful and perfect, where is the incentive to do better? You could probably always go show the picture to mom or dad and they'll pin it up on the refrigerator, but I'd rather have someone tell me my work sucks than lie and say its great.

Just my 2 cents...

p.s. none of this is towards you olijo, I stand by that the overall picture is great, there are just some parts that seem off.

are you joking at me or wath?!?!? CAN YOU READ MY POOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE???

i never said that i take bad when my friends critic me bad... i just said i never speak bad with somebody... maybe what he did is horrible, i critic, but with some respect for the work he did

and most of all in this special case, where the posted work is absolutely fantastic... and i don't think you could be lot better... just critic what is wrong (without saying what is beautiful) is not correct for me....

If you want someone to tell you everything you do is wonderful and perfect, where is the incentive to do better?

who said this??? nobody here said this... u r a little (completely?) stupid... if you read this

Leave the sensitivty off of an art forum for now, it has no place here.

Leave sensitivity off of an art forum???? and if not in art where should i apply mi sensitivity??? in mathematics and engineering???

cya man

panta
07-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by panta
people should always encourage each other, and have some respect... i can tell you: "your work is horrible, but i know that doing THIS and THIS you could be better" and not simply "your work is horrible"

i quote myself for some people have problems reading here...

carefulconan
07-14-2003, 01:31 PM
It's a very nice piece of work.
I care very little for the comments made by some, especially when
your work has managed to get up on the header board at CGTALK.
It should be a moment to celebrate. Shame some people have to give you a bucket of cold water, just when you should enjoy your moment. it is even sadder to see the lemmings jump on the band wagon.

Your work is very first rate!
Really like the very finished, polished, look.
Love the clouds and the hi lights.
big or little heads only matter when the over all image is destroyed by the lack of proportion and I cannot see this as
being overt. ( my opinion)
Cheers.

Enjoy being on the header of CGTALK and don't let the negativity of others who should know better bother you.
Cheers.

MasonDoran
07-14-2003, 01:45 PM
you guys are making it painfully obvious that there is an art to a "critique" which seperates it from a simple criticism that has no constructive value.

The painting is really kick ass, my complements oji for you masterful use of colors and lighting. The rim lights and glows are really nice.

It seems you are quite aware of the proportions of the head which signs it off as artistic licencse and not a mistake. Comic book illustrators and even realistic fantasy sci-fi illustrators like Hogarth play with the head proportions all of the time to create what they want.

One major crit though is the metal collar around his neck is off perspective from the line of symmetry of his body which is what makes the head looks wrong. Fix that and you just might see why his collar bone is placed to high on his body.

blasphemy3_d
07-14-2003, 03:02 PM
Hi all!!!

First of all congrats OLI! It is a superb piece of work.

I agree with some of you that are speaking about irregular sizes. Anyway I think that it is clearly because the cartoon stile. It reminds me the WILD 9 game´s cahracter. For me it´s cartoon in spite of the high detail. The characters In Shreck or similar movies are cartoon characters and they are not missing details so.

I have no doubt about the character gender.

I am not an expert drawer so My crits here can´t be as accurate as some graet drawing artists would make....

Anyway I think there is two kind of crits here..

1-about the design (It is a question of taste. I don´t like the poodles but If I see one good render about them I won´t say the render is not perfect because poodles are ugly dogs)
2-about the execution and technics used (great for me)

All that I can say is that when I see a drawing with such a quality........ I.... :drool: I wish I could draw this way.

New
07-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Just incredible. I like your style, the drawing is perfect and the ilumination is... awesome. I really want to see more of your artwork. :]

<cool coutrymate piece of encripted secret talking ON>

Felicidades, ¿Cómo es que te descubro hoy?. Controlas el ps a muerte. Ánimo, sigue así. :]

<cool coutrymate piece of encripted secret talking OFF>

Keep on making this great artwork.

Markuss
07-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Cool! I think he looks a bit like Elvis! I definately liked the cartoon style, and I had no problems with the proportions... So keep it up! Good work, and just ignore those guys critizising the proportions. They look fine! :)
:beer:

AVTPro
07-14-2003, 04:07 PM
hmm. I can't see any blaring problems at all with this.

It's excellently done.

It's an excellent blend of cinematic cartoon movie poster style. You know, like the ad for Titan AE. A good painting for a traditional 2.5 animated movie.

Like the background too. Very stylized hair works with the other proportions. :thumbsup:

Yes, definitely a Young Elvis/Titan AE/Luke Skywalker.

AVTPro
07-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Ok. I don't know if this person asked for a crit I have but one. Still, it's very very mininal and had this piece been a backlit duratran in some theater hall of coming attractions I would'nt have notice it.

Again to me. It's perfect, but If I were really, really, REALLY nitpicking I would say there's a slight optical flaw in the shading or rendering under in the chest plate in the shadows of the neck protectant and the two vent ducts that gives the illusion of it being sunken in and I tend to think it's throws the portions but not a problem with the proportion per se. The shadow from the neckbrace convexes the rotundity of the breast plate and the left teat duct. The characters right breast vent duct is perfect in shadow but I'm thinking the character's left duct would be better in if had the same specular highlight as the rim of the shoulder blades and top rim of the neck armor protectant. Actually by the way the paint is slighly over worked, it looks like it was highlighted and then you rubbed it out. Maybe it was too many highlights and disturbed that focal area. That's why I can't say definitely. Maybe it had the same purple specularity as the left shoulder which is cleanly done, it might distribute the eye down to the sword.

Still, your discolorations in the flesh is awesome. Lastly, Elvis had a slightly big head. I think your character has better proportions then him.

no offense...I loved Elvis.

behzad
07-14-2003, 06:31 PM
Great work, You sure deserve the gallery honours. I love the whole presentation. There is feeling and sence of purpose in your image. :applause:

cgwolf
07-14-2003, 07:22 PM
Excellent work,

Clean, colorful and very artistic...which I believe is what he was going for. Great job.

Since this piece is finished and fitting the artists personal style I dont think it can be critiqued here.

G-Prime
07-14-2003, 08:00 PM
Nice asien look.. with a big head too :cool:

olijosman
07-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Thanks for all!!

unclebob
07-14-2003, 10:47 PM
Dude .. that is just too funny. I love this drawing !!!

Hookflash
07-14-2003, 10:50 PM
Viper3d: I agree, it does more harm than good to give people false hope with mindless praise. Constructive criticism is *very* important, imo, but it needs to be balanced with encouragement. For example, my friend could have said, "The head & feet are too small, but it's going to be a pretty good pic once you fix it". Admittedly, it was rather weak of me to quit drawing, but you live & learn;).

igorstshirts
07-14-2003, 11:14 PM
Nice pic but... The arm is a little too short and the mic resembles a maraca...:scream: Funny Pic!

Viper3d
07-15-2003, 04:09 AM
ya i agree hook. If its not constructive then it has no place anywhere, except a trash talking forum, and apparently thats how Panta took it. I never once directed anything towards him and he took everything seriously and called me completely stupid. He just further proves that some people need to lighten up, but hey thats just my opinion... if he wants to be a complete little brat... its fine by me. Maybe he needs to study english a little more and read my post again, I never once addressed him or his statements directly.

With that, I'm done with this thread. This has turned into an argument thread rather than a gallery/critique thread for someone's work. Sorry Olijo, good job again.

oxhido
07-15-2003, 10:05 AM
HEY people ELVIS IS HERE!!!

you did it again jose, awesome picture!!! :buttrock:

congratulations!!!

Kel Solaar
07-15-2003, 10:12 AM
Great shading and lightning work on this character! I like the style of it, good work!

souleage
07-15-2003, 10:27 AM
Very nice ..color & lighting all perfect! :)

caulfield
07-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Looks like that guy that runs Sijun.net. ie - kind of strange...

palomaya
07-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Woooooooouuuuuuu
Really really great, man!! Absolutely awe-some!! It seems fantastic, almost PERFECT to me!!

I like so much the lighting (hair, clothes, sword, boots, ...) and shadows contrasts, the body shape (defined but not too much, slightly muscled on the just measurement, as a young boy he seems to be), the clothes design (futurist but reminding a bit old samurais) and above all, the energic face details (look at that strenght flowing through his eyes!!). I think he is a brave and powerful warrior, isn't he?? He results so attractive but frightening at the same time!!
Really lovely

I wish I only could have a tiny amount of your imagination, olijosman! My most sincere congratulations for your inspiration and techniques domain.

:drool:

Oh!! And one more thing, I loved your first character too (gorush)!! Even on such an evil face, you've been able to show a reflect of tenderness!!

Please, keep posting such beautiful images like those, I just can't wait for seeing more of your work!!

The-3D-Data-Labs-Guy
07-15-2003, 07:39 PM
just awesome..:love: :love: :love:

ifo
07-15-2003, 08:56 PM
Hello! I'm new in this forum and i'm impress!! in my first clic... oooooh!! Wen-kido-yin!!
Now i think never send one of my pictures :blush:
Josman, your work is fantastic. I think you born with a pencil in your hand, isn't it? (a graphic tablet?). I'm yor "number one" fan. Pleeeeeeeease, send more pictures!!

Kisses :love:

thhchx
07-16-2003, 02:33 AM
Nice, some asian influence there?

What's wen kido yin? Is it from any anime? game? movies?... dunno it's an interesting but weird mix of name here. But then again all these creations are just subjective...

still...good stuff.:)

3D Meistro
07-16-2003, 05:29 AM
very nice. do you ever work in any 3D apps, and if so, are you planning to model or animate from this?

olijosman
07-16-2003, 08:00 AM
THHCHX, Wen Kido Yin is one of a lot of desing of caracters from a videogame. Gorush, my first image in this foro , belong at this game too. (sorry, my english are terrific) I made the desings looks and personalities.

Wen Kido is not human, ist a kind of extraterrenal Japanese.He have a katana sword wiht electric shocks. Buuf, sorry,I´m not enough words to splain all. Thanks for your interest!!:wavey:

olijosman
07-16-2003, 08:08 AM
3D Meistro, yes I have 3d models (the gorush head) but I prefer work in 2d (I´m so sluggish) I had resuts in less time. Thans for all!!
:beer:

bigshape
07-22-2003, 08:50 PM
I really like it!! Manga influence, but quite more realistic... Very nice work

By the way!!! The main thing is not the size of the head, but the way you are able to use the brain, don't you agree with me?? ;)

Best wishes :thumbsup:

olijosman
07-23-2003, 07:44 AM
certainly bigshape, the size does not matter!! jajajajaa thanks for your commentaries!!
:buttrock:

lildragon
07-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Lil late here, but again you astonish us with your work, I love it like the first, well actually gorush more, but he's cool too :)

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Inspiring work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_july03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

olijosman
07-26-2003, 02:55 PM
thank you very much (to all):applause:

summeralive
07-27-2003, 06:36 PM
cool!..
nothing else can say!
just hope to see more from u!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.