PDA

View Full Version : Advice for summer period?

The-Pirate-Bo
04-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Hey ! I'm currently studying a hnd in 3d animation at james watt college in greenock,scotland
due to the end of my first year approaching im looking towards the large summer break, and hence need a bit of advice. I have around 7 weeks of free time and im not sure how i should fill it ... should i just continue doing tutorials , try my own sort of project or try and get a summer 3d based job (the last me be a tad difficult with the job market as it is atm).

My course has so far involved lightwave 3d, after effects , premier pro.
While in my own time im studying Zbrush and maya. Is there anything else i should be looking into??

I also have done 2 years of art up to Hnc level so i think that im ok in that aspect.

Im aiming to apply to the uni of hertfordshire after my second year but im still waiting on the prospectus being mailed to me.

any advice would be greatly helpful!

P.S. sorry if this post is a tad jumbled or confusing, I tend to type as i think lol.

moidphotos
04-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Hi Scott

I'm one of the lecturers on the University of Hertfordshire course, feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions. I'm on holiday from tomorrow for week, so don't expect replies until after that :)

I can give you better advice if you send me some images or links to your work so I can see where you're good and where you need to improve.

Our admin people are seriously rushed at the moment, applications are up a lot for us this year (16%) so it may take them a little while to send that prospectus. You can visit our website if that's any help www.uhanimation.co.uk (http://www.uhanimation.co.uk) for more course info and examples of student animations.

MrPositive
04-20-2009, 06:44 AM
And right there folks is why this Schools and Courses Forum was started. :)

moidphotos
04-24-2009, 10:18 PM
And thanks to you guys for doing it :D

The-Pirate-Bo
04-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks very much for the reply, I'll give you a pm on Tuesday with a few images of college work. The prospectus arrived and further cemented my intrest in herts uni.

Thanks once again for getting in touch!

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2009, 03:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.