PDA

View Full Version : Daylight system and reflection maps?

ShiroEd
04-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey guys,

I have a sphere with a texture map assigned to the reflection map slot and mapped with Spherical Environment.

The reflection renders correctly using Mental Ray in every instance EXCEPT when using the Daylight System.

Is the Daylight system disabling/overwriting the material's own reflection data with its own?

I have a feeling that this is a very simple thing to fix (or should be anyway)
Thanks for any help,

Ed

JeffPatton
04-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I'll take a guess and say it's an exposure issue. I have no idea if you're using the photographic exposure control or not, but I'm going to assume you are when using the daylight system. If so, then you'll need to EITHER adjust the output of your reflection map (several ways to do that) OR use the unitless physical scale option on the mr Photographic exposure control and adjust the value (increase it) to make your reflection map visible with your exposure settings.

If this is the case and you want to know why it happens then read this:http://mentalraytips.blogspot.com/2008/02/why-does-mental-ray-render-my.html

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2009, 02:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.