PDA

View Full Version : Messiah 4.0 is out and its Features! Oh My!

Julez4001
04-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Gonna flag in green ..tools that may interest Lightwavers!

*AutoRig2 - a really flexible, fast, editable autorigger

*Point Animation - Use sculpting techniques to animate your characters right on top of your normal rig!

*Improved Dynamics & Softbody - So fast it's realtime in many scenes, the improved collision detection is great.

*Keyframe Productivity Tools - Improved animation workflow, quick breakdown slider and much more.

*Rig scene referencing - Automatically propagate all the rig changes, to your animator's scene files!

*Pose System - Store and load poses with the click of a button

*Cage Deformer - this is the shits. volume preservation deformation

*Lattice Deformer - Regular lattice deformation

*Weight Painting - For those of you who absolutely want to paint those weights.

*New Bone Weighting Options - To help you use different ways of working with weights.

*Particle Collision Dynamics - Bang them into eachother.

*Better, Faster, Cleaner Global Illumination - Really good, really fast, really clean, really global

*Translucency Scatter - Lovely scattering of global illumination in translucency.

*Ultra-Super Improved Hair - Hair dynamics. long hair, you name it.

*Stereoscopic viewport - Animate your 3d.... in 3D!

Carm3D
04-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Interesting.... They've fixed it's biggest shortcoming. No more meta-effectors! I want to see it's weight painting in action. As well as the point animation tools. I hope it can be used to make joint-based morphs! Will the Messiah Gods be making some demo vids?

Julez4001
04-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Will the Messiah Gods be making some demo vids?

They got videos on their website and on their forum: setuptab.com

Carm3D
04-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeah I found the vids on their site. Checking setuptab. Thanks. :cool:

Julez4001
04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.usefulslug.com/messiah4/PA_Cage.mov

wow. zbrush like point deformation that can be animated and talk to other effects.

a_joke
04-23-2009, 03:06 AM
i only have one question. Will it work in core? will point oven even work now that core is changing? sorry that's 2 =).

calilifestyle
04-23-2009, 06:24 AM
i only have one question. Will it work in core? will point oven even work now that core is changing? sorry that's 2 =).

DO you have core

Julez4001
04-23-2009, 11:41 AM
if Core loses support for a NATIVE format (.mdd)

then yes but thats like saying CORE won't load .lwo ever again

a_joke
04-23-2009, 04:40 PM
No I don't don't have core. I've been a big fan of lw since 6.5 and everytime an update comes around I'm there. Except this time I'm waiting. I'd like to see it and how well it works. I like the whole idea, but they're asking for blind faith. I'm not in the position to do that anymore. Clients are harder to come by. I use alot pmG and need to make sure it'll still work. And julez you're right, but many of my old plug-ins don't work in v9. So I am a little afraid that CORE will change where it becomes increasingly difficult for me to use certain plug-ins. I don't know python and although scripting may seem easy, I still can't wrap my mind around it.

mav3rick
04-24-2009, 07:01 AM
hmmmm ........

a_joke
04-24-2009, 08:52 PM
mav3rick....what are you thinking :hmm: .

Cageman
04-25-2009, 07:20 AM
So I am a little afraid that CORE will change where it becomes increasingly difficult for me to use certain plug-ins. I don't know python and although scripting may seem easy, I still can't wrap my mind around it.

CORE is a new application... it will now work with any old plugins and such.

a_joke
04-26-2009, 01:31 AM
you have core? If you do, how is it? I've seen the videos that the website has but it still doesn't give me a clear cut idea as a whole. I figured it this way. If it comes out in the 4th qtr. They must have an animation system set up. Has anyone seen it? I still feel...leary about. I guess because they're being so secretive it worries me. I need to see it. A video. Something. Throw me a bone. Give me something to cream about. Because so far everything's speculation or what Mr. Roth is commenting on. That is unless some people around here are privy to some certain information that they can't or won't devulge..........need i say more.:)

Cageman
04-26-2009, 09:04 AM
I have it, but can't talk about it.

Sorry.

:)

a_joke
04-27-2009, 01:31 AM
AWESOME! When do you think you can?

TrueArt Support
04-27-2009, 05:36 AM
AWESOME! When do you think you can?

When Core will be released Non-Disclosure Agreement will stop working.. That's obvious.. :)

Read what Jay Roth said on freely available Core threads (titled "More from the CORE..."): in Q4 will be modeler..

Doug816
05-05-2009, 05:23 PM
So did they mention that it would be modeler only before the high pressure deadline of you must purchase before X?

WoolyLoach
05-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Pretty impressive looking, and the price is extremely reasonable.

I need to buy myself a birthday present... hmm....

Carm3D
05-05-2009, 08:05 PM
If you're just looking for a modeler.. Look at Silo (www.nevercenter.com). I love it. I'm not interested in Core until it has it's animation features / dynamics.

Doug816
05-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Read what Jay Roth said on freely available Core threads (titled "More from the CORE..."): in Q4 will be modeler..

I'm not seeing the more from the core threads. Are they on this site or Newtek's?

TrueArt Support
05-08-2009, 05:19 AM
I'm not seeing the more from the core threads. Are they on this site or Newtek's?

f.e. this thread
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95480
try using Search tool for "core".. :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-08-2009, 05:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.