PDA

View Full Version : Lighting & Animation training in China (taught in English & Chinese) by industry pros

MartinGFoster
04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
I will be teaching a lighting masters class in Beijing, China starting approximately June. I'm a current lighting director at Xing Xing animation in Beijing, but previously worked as a lighting/compositing TD at Sony Pictures Imageworks, Rhythm & Hues, and Disney Feature Animation. I have 18 years of CG production experience.

Brian Dowrick will teach character animation courses. He is also a veteran of Rhythm & Hues and has 17 years CG experience. He is also a working animation director.

The lighting master class is a 5-month course to teach top-quality lighting skills as preparation for a job as a lighting artist. It fills the gap that Universities leave regarding job preparedness. The fees are a fraction of what a western school would charge for the same course and the cost of living in Beijing is also a fraction of a western city.

The animation master classes are roughly 4 months and 8 months. Email for current info.

The CG school is attached to a CG animation studio and the best students will be offered jobs if production needs artists.

Suitable students should be fluent in English or Chinese, but all nationalities are welcome. They should also be familiar with Maya (or similar packages), Photoshop, and a compositing package like Shake. We will be teaching high-quality industry techniques versus software specifics.

here's some links: http://www.xing-xing.com/en_home.htm (animation studio home site)

email me for more details on the lighting class martingfoster@gmail.com
email Brian for animation courses bweb2@bdowrick.com

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.