PDA

View Full Version : Blind Fire (W.I.P)

ajfrank
04-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Animation idea I thought of the other day. I notice the camera doesn't ease into it stop so thats one area I know I need to fix.

I also dont like how he's shooting his gun at the end. To me it doesn't feel believable enough. Any suggestions to improve it?

C&C are welcomed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIyYG5J_ZoM

Karnageddon
04-16-2009, 04:12 AM
It looks really nice so far.
I can suggest two things that would improve it.
One problem i noticed was that his hand turns a full 360 degrees on a hard table surface, i think that would seriously sprain a persons wrist or make them lose balance. Instead i would get him to put one hand flat down on the table for support (fingers pointing to the side, away from the body) before he leaps onto it. As he slides towards the other end, he uses his other hand to flip the table down with him then pulls out the gun.
Also, after watching it in slow motion, he builds up a lot of momentum on his landing, you could maybe make his right leg slip forwards more and make him fall on his butt and push the table back a bit.

As for the shooting, i would only change the direction of his head so hes looking at the arm holding the gun, other than that the shooting seemed believable enough.

It helps me visualize better when i try to act out what I'm animating, try doing these things in slow motion yourself; dont jump over a table obviously, you might scare people :P. But try to build up the momentum and stop yourself and think about the movements your mind was telling you to make naturally.

ajfrank
04-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks. Good observations.

I knew something seemed off when he landed, like something was missing. Him landing on his butt and pushing the table back some will help that part out a lot.

With his hand I was afraid I was going to make the mistake of rotating it 360. I want to have his body rotated more on his side to counter that. I'm going to first push his body more on his side during that slide on the table. And if that still don't work then I'm just going to have his weight make the table flip. I like the idea of him grabbing the table because to me it sets his personality of how scared or desperate he is to get into cover.

Thanks again for your critique. Update should be posted by the end of the day. Im also going to add him crouching back down at the end because having the animation just cut off like that is killing me.

In the mean time more C&C are still welcomed.

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2009, 02:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.