PDA

View Full Version : HMM, I dont know what the hell is happening here...?

DrPretorius
04-15-2009, 02:06 PM
I have posted some images up on ImageShack, the link is below, Talos001a/ is rendered on my work pc, Talos002a is rendered on my home pc.

The problem is the renders are all from the same model, the lighting settings etc are exactly the same, and I want it to look more like talos001a.

I thought my monitor settings or something like at first, but it is rendering it out this way at home, I take them into work, and hey ho, and visaversa, the thing is a while ago when rendering at home they did look exactly the same as the work renders, untill at home I started to mess around with the mental ray presets i:e "mental.ray.daylight" etc, but this didnt have the same effect at work.

Im really puzzled here.

rendering settings

640x480
MrSun/MrSky
Multiplier set 1.0
Final Gather Medium
AntiAlias Medium

http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

cheers.

DrPretorius
04-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Not sure if peeps can see the images posted on imageshack, as I was told on another site they couldnt see them, so hopefully these work.

Thanks

MikeBracken
04-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Did you check your gamma settings ?

Regards,
Mike

DrPretorius
04-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks Mike for your reply.

I checked the gamma settings, it was on and set at the default setting of 1.8, I turned it up to 2, and I got the image included, still very odd, as I didnt have to do this a few weeks back.

cheers

DrPretorius
04-21-2009, 11:45 AM
As you can see the last image was still not as bright as the image that was rendered in work, so was still not happy, but to get the last image I posted, I had to do print screen and get it into photoshop, as it would render like the image, but would be saved to the HD as the darkened image?, I was just not getting this, so I finally gave up, re-installed Vista and 3DS Max, and hey presto, its all dandy once again, so now I can move on with this.

cheers for listening.

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2009, 11:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.