PDA

View Full Version : Happy, Double Bounce Walk

ajfrank
04-15-2009, 12:29 AM
My second attempt to a happy double bounce walk. It's based of the Animators Survival Kit book but something still seems off. I'm not too satisfied with it yet.

Any pointers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQpEMy2l_0Y

danman86
04-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Firstly, that's a great book to start from. A lot of helpful stuff in there. As far as the animation goes, it has a good start. There are a few things that stick out to me though. Firstly are the hips. There seems to only be a minute bit of animation on them. I definitely think they would be swinging from side to side a bit more with such a happy walk. It would help show weight as well, as he distributes his weight from one foot to the other. The arms also seem to pop during the cycle, maybe towards there way back to the front, but its hard to tell. For further critiques, may I suggest rendering a video out of the animation from the front view, as well as the side? It would definitely help with finding any little things we might be missing. Still a damn good start though. I look forward to seeing it progress :D

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2009, 04:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.