PDA

View Full Version : Maya2009 API Setup for VS2008

saedAbdelhafez
04-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Hi People

My Name is Sa’ed and i wanna ask a Q if any one can help me i will be very thankful , can any one till me by steps how to setup VS2008 for Maya2009 API ? and if the Plug in wizard didn’t show up in the VS menu is there a way to set it up without re installing Maya2009 Again

thanks

sleepyfox
04-15-2009, 02:31 PM
here's how it worked for me in VS 2008 Express Edition (no plugin wizard required):

1. create a new empty win32 dll projekt
2. create an empty c++ file
3. set up configuration for project for c/c++ compiler:
- include the maya header files directory (usually c:\program files\autodesk\maya2009\include)
- preprocessor definitions: NT_PLUGIN REQUIRE_IOSTREAM NDEBUG_WINDOWS
4. set up configuration for project for linker:
- change outputfile from dll to mll
- include dependencies OpenMaya.lib OpenMayaUI.lib Foundation.lib
- under commandline add: /export:initializePlugin /export:uninitializePlugin

I think that's it but maybe I forgot something.. just try it. sorry I can't give you the exact names for the configuration but I'm using a german version here - but I'm sure you'll find everything.

saedAbdelhafez
04-15-2009, 06:38 PM
thankx bro but ... i really cant find that c/c++ configuration propriety .. the general and preprocessor i saw them in VS2005 but i think it changed in VS2008 .. can any one know how to set c/c++ configuration propriety in VS2008 ?

thankx again Bro ...

Keilun
04-15-2009, 07:02 PM
It's not changed in VS2008 for me.

Just make sure you have a project actually selected in the Solution Explorer before you goto 'Project > Properties'. It's been this way for a while.

The other step missing for the linker setup is to ensure the Additional Library Directories (under Linker > General) includes:

c:\program files\autodesk\maya2009\lib

sleepyfox
04-15-2009, 08:41 PM
thankx bro but ... i really cant find that c/c++ configuration propriety .. the general and preprocessor i saw them in VS2005 but i think it changed in VS2008 .. can any one know how to set c/c++ configuration propriety in VS2008 ?

be sure to add an empty c++ file... otherwise the configuration won´t show up.

saedAbdelhafez
04-15-2009, 09:53 PM
it worked !! :) thankx alot dude ... the proplem was that i didnt add the C/C++ File

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2009, 09:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.