PDA

View Full Version : Viewport inaccurate??

BlueBerryMadness
04-14-2009, 05:51 PM
well I'm on the topic of asking questions, what would be the easiest way to rotate something 360 degrees around itself when the object is at an angle (cylinder that is created horizontal to the grid rotating around itself like a washing machine tumbler (best example I could come up with), except now put the cylinder at a 30 degree angle get it to rotate around itself). I have been screwing with the view options (example- gimble, local, parent etc....), but I haven't been able to get it to work. any suggestions? Video will explain.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee25/9krausec/?action=view&current=AutoScreenRecorder_03Apr141247.flv

and I am familiar with the curve editor, I know how to somewhat operate it. Any help would be rocking.

MolemanSD7
04-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Place it under a parent, angle the parent, then rotate the cylinder in its local axis.

How To:

Select the cylinder.
Hit ctrl+g to group it to itself.
Select the null group directly or by selecting the cylinder and hitting the up arrow.
Rotate the group wherever you want.
Rotate the cylinder around itself.

Or is there some limitation that doesn't allow you to place it under a parent?

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2009, 02:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.