PDA

View Full Version : Object: alien teknology

shards
07-12-2003, 04:26 PM
another my previous work..not so perfect,needs some adjustment! :shrug:
http://oblivionrealms.port5.com/mm/alienteknology.jpg

KendoJedi
07-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Ya, I cant quite figure out whats going on, it seems too cluttered.

Premutos
07-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Maybe add a background and change the colours a bit.

UnlikelyCorny
07-12-2003, 05:44 PM
I gues that if you can't see what it is, alien technology is an easy explanation. Sorry but it's lacking composition and the reflections don't help that much either.

Kartoffel
07-12-2003, 05:50 PM
Well, the tecnology looks very comlex but the image is just ... boring.
Maybe its the composition or the lightning but the imae as it is looks totaly uninteresting to me.

kevinfrompng
07-12-2003, 05:58 PM
There's some nice Detail in there, but I have to agree, the visual appearance is distracting. If you made the reflections more subtle and changed the color composition, I think it would greatly improve the picture :lightbulb

In my opinion, I think it would look cool all chromed up with a desert background. :p

Kevin

hunter7338
07-12-2003, 07:09 PM
I think is a complex composition, and it took a lot of work for sure, but the look is quite distracting, so why don´t you try a unique texture for the whole model first, maybe with an advanced lighting engine like 3dsmax´s Light tracer. :rolleyes:

:D Cocoon

BeCOOL_MiN
07-12-2003, 09:07 PM
yeah, I agree what other people saying...
I don't see what it is.

I assume that it's some sort of Robotic Arms...isn't it?

However, I like coloring and modeling~*

:cool:

shards
07-12-2003, 09:44 PM
it is nothing in particular..somekind of abstraction, just three mechanical arms posing toghether..however thanks for the constructive comments I'll keep them in mind!

catbert
07-13-2003, 12:53 AM
i think what you kind of need to do is ask yourself WHAT you want. a bad way to do stuff like this is think "i want something shiny, oh, and some round stuff too.".

try imagining how it would work - dont worry yourself TOO much on how it will phyisically work (or else youd actually be doing the damn thing in real life), but try for it to make sense.

like, if those are "arms", try to think, for example, "would this thing REALLY rotate in THIS kind of pivot? or should it be something else"?

other than that, well. cant say it's a masterpiece, but i kinda like it. also you can see the dedication and hard work - only thing is, it's too obviously a CG thing. try working on materials.

oh, and adding something naked always works. when in trouble, add something naked.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.