PDA

View Full Version : About matchmoving

andre_alder
07-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Hi folks

We received a demo of Boujou here in my company. I just starting to learning this app and looks great!!!!!!!
But, I really wish to know some advanced uses, not just for Boujou, but matchmoving capacibilities.

What can I reaaly do with these macthmoving tools?
Where can I find some informations about this theme?

best regards
AD

Ian Jones
07-12-2003, 03:58 PM
I'm guessing that the boujou website or whatever should have a variety of examples. Try that idea...

andre_alder
07-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Hi Ian

I've visit 2d3 website, but I would like to know more informations from you, users......

Thax
AD

jlelievre
07-13-2003, 03:56 PM
Matchmoving is used as a way to integrate 3d elements into already existing video footage (as I'm sure you have learned already.) It gives the user the ability to place a 3d object, such as a building, into a scene that previously didn't have a building. With tracking, it takes a 3d perspective from a 2d plate via tracking points. It then saves that 3d perspective as camera data which you can then import into your favoured 3d software. Once you have this infomation in your 3d app, your then able to 'match' up your 3d model with the live footage. So now when you when you play your animation of your model, it's moves in sync with the footage.

So as you can see, you can use matchmoving for digital set extension, integrating CG elements with real footage etc.

You can look at the link that Ian suggested; there is a lot of good information there. You may also want to check out http://www.2d3.com/2d3/products/img/TDW17.rev_boujou.pdf This is a review of Boujou from 3d World magazine. It has some really cools facts and images that show what matchmoving is all about.
:)

Joel
http://www.intrinsia.net

thrashermo
09-26-2003, 03:37 PM
You mentioned match move .I amnew to learner Boujou from the demo version as well .I was wondering how you do the match move from boujou .i didn't know it was possible . I though i had to do that from the 3d software I was exporting to. so how is it done?

:wavey:

beaker
09-26-2003, 06:56 PM
Thats Boujou's main use is to matchmove. Just curious what you though it was supposed to do?

If you want to know how to use it read the manual. Boujou has such a strait forward easy to use gui that it is pretty hard to mess up. Just follow the red dots.

thrashermo
09-26-2003, 09:04 PM
Well ,

just for the record .I'm new at the whole camera track camera matching and match . move . i tried to do this in 3ds max for a project . but I could not get pass the match move without getting errors . I thought boujou was for camera tracking your footage then export it back to whatever 3d software package you have to use. now I followed along the tutorial for how to track footage and and putting in tracker .

it never mentioned anything in the tutorial about match move. i heard words like "solved the camera" and setting up coordinat systems but i don't remember hearing anything about match move , except when i was trying to do it in 3ds max .

and yes i did click on all the little red dots or i believe they referred to them as red daimons in the tutorials. you know every body says that but just because you have the manual doesn't mean you are going to understand it .

some peoplelike me are hands on people. i could read the manual until I'm blue in the face . i still learn it better by doing it.
not looking at a maual unless they have good illustations in it.

now if you want to clarify anything about it .I'm alll ears. please do tell. like i said this is alll new to me. i don't know all the terminolgy for everything. comprende?

:)

beaker
09-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Ok, got it, just mixing up terminology.

Matchmoving = Camera Tracking = Camera Matching. They are all the same thing.

thrashermo
09-26-2003, 11:35 PM
And now I know and knowing is half the battle GI - Joe ....

I couldn't resist. ;) :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.