PDA

View Full Version : Lw experimental features cause rendering artefacts??

Nemoid
07-12-2003, 02:25 PM
In Lw 7.5 I enabled Exp Features.then, in rendering strange artefacts appeared!!! it was them, cause they disappeared when i disabled EF:eek:

what about U?

Rei Ayanami
07-12-2003, 03:47 PM
Do you have a pic of it?

aurora
07-12-2003, 03:58 PM
I was playing with a tut awhile back that had EF enabled and he mentioned to be careful becuase he noticed artifacts on some renders. I've been trying to remember what that tut was since all of these questions on EF have poped up.

ambassador
07-12-2003, 07:24 PM
yeah when I enabled it all my renders had an intense grain on them:wip:

dzogchen
07-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Nemoid
In Lw 7.5 I enabled Exp Features.then, in rendering strange artefacts appeared!!! it was them, cause they disappeared when i disabled EF:eek:

what about U?

Yeap same here.

Maxx
07-12-2003, 11:04 PM
Happened to me with version 6.0, 6.5b, 7.0 and 7.0b - the others worked well. Funny thing is, they've all been on the same system. Couldn't tell you what's up with 'em - when I first noticed it in 6.0 and asked on the newsgroup, really the only reply I got was "that's why they're experimental!". Basically, I would suggest turning the features on to work and animate, then turn them off for rendering.

Oh, if it makes anybody feel any better, my version of 6.5 will crash any time I try to render with caustics. Just that version, and noone else apparantly had or has the same problem. :shrug:

Nemoid
07-13-2003, 09:08 PM
7.5 here...
what a banal answer they gave to you!!
why putting there features if they cause probs and
make them going through different versions?

I'd like these EF not experimental
and fixed the rendering prob in Lw[8]:rolleyes:

maybe at SIGGRAPH though:thumbsup:

robinson
07-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Sorry but what’s the problem….:wip:

I only use the experimental features for “faster bones”, I don’t know any other benefits !!!
After you done animating, just disable the experimental features and start your rendering !!!
In my opinion they are just there for a “faster and better bone workflow”, and I only use them for that kind of work…
:shrug:

Nemoid
07-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Actually no problem at all!
i can disable them when i want:scream:

I was only wondering why of their
presence, if they cause problems.

that's all.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.