PDA

View Full Version : CG Shot : airplane, MAYA Cluods, Compositing

Firas
07-12-2003, 10:27 AM
hi all..

i just saw my work on TV.. so i can post it here :)

i'd like to join that experince with all of u

stills & animation :

movie -divx505 (http://www.ztoon.com/3d/animation/qatar_airline.avi)

http://www.ztoon.com/3d/images/qatar_01.jpg

http://www.ztoon.com/3d/images/qatar_02.jpg

wedge
07-12-2003, 10:35 AM
the final composite looks really beautiful. you should post some tutorials or tips on maya clouds.

by the way, you need to edit the link. there is a comma where there should be a dot, and it doesn't work unless you change it.

Firas
07-12-2003, 01:40 PM
thankx.. am thinking to add Tutorials section on my next website update ..

zzzrByte
07-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Then do it, man!
Your technique for clouds is really interesting! I am working on a two plane race in the sky right now, and I am sure I can learn a lot from you.

Maybe you have any tips on the subject of clouds/atmospheric effects?

Rei Ayanami
07-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Yeah good work on the planes, up to the same standerd of Meni! (good thing)

tutorial would be nice, but how app specific would it be. one that details how to do all the BG effects as well as the clouds would be cool.

HapZungLam
07-13-2003, 02:52 PM
the cloud looks kinda 2d to me. mostly those are closer to the camera, they are not full enough.

Firas
07-13-2003, 02:58 PM
Rei Ayanami, i understand what u mean.. but its 3d .. the clints didnt ask for real 3d camera going through the clouds .. but as u saw on the avi .. its MAYA 4.5 fluids what made the background rish..

ZELGADIS
07-14-2003, 02:14 AM
:eek: :eek:

woowowow

tejani
07-14-2003, 02:14 AM
great firas
good work
raise our heads up
(arabic people)

Sherif.Nagib
07-14-2003, 10:05 AM
the compositing is really fine, your "3d horizon layer" step was very smart..it has corrected the flat-style when the image was just perspectively distorted.. i luv it when you compositors & matte painters do this :)

the plane looks very fixed.. i know it shouldn't look fast becaus of relative motion/speed theories & all physiscs bla bla..but yet it's too fixed.

your site ROCKS :buttrock: , i wish you add some AE tutorials to it.

Firas
07-15-2003, 08:15 AM
thankx..

i am not sure if i can write AE tutroail .. it was straight forword .. using "layer mode" and "opacity"

what made the BG looks good .. was the background still images .. because on maya i didnt build the ground .. so my backgournd color was blue on maya..

the main problem was rendering time on maya .. inorder to have realistic clouds .. u need lots of small details on the clouds .. and i had 2 days to finish evryting (plane & clouds)

so my soultion was to combine the 3D cloud layer with matte painting .. i assimble a still sky image from libraries.. then just put it on a 3D plane to distort is while the 3D camera is moving. .. thats helps alot ..

my second problem was the horaizon .. it didnt match between the still image background and the 3D camera .. so .. to fix it .. i add new horaizon .. i cannt remember now who i did that .. but i think i used simple Layerd fog using MAYA Fluid.

when i am going to write the tutorial .. i have it open my project files to c what i did :)

thankx again for comment.

Icestar
07-15-2003, 01:27 PM
Fluffy!

Firas
07-15-2003, 01:56 PM
Fluffy !?! good or bad ?

zzzrByte
07-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Wow, the more I hear about your technique for the clouds, the more intrigued I am about how you achieved it...
Get cranking on that tutorial... I am really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.