PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop 7 crashing during launch

pascal3d
07-12-2003, 07:42 AM
Hello-

I'm having a tech issue when launching photoshop 7. It will load about halfway through and when it reaches the point where it says "Loading Color Preferences", it crashes. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and am still having the same problem. I've also rebooted but nothing. My drive where PS is installed has 27 gigs of free space available. I'm stumped! :hmm: Does anyone have any ideas on how I can resolve this?

theGuest
07-12-2003, 09:00 AM
When you unInstalled, some prefs may have been left on. And because of that, the issue was not actually addressed fully by unInstalling.

Try this:

Click the icon to start the program... then imediately, before the program gets too far to loading up, hold down the Ctrl/Alt/Shift keys all at the same time. And continue holding while the program loads up.

When asked whether to recreate a new Prefs file or not, choose YES.

See first if that helps at all.

PS: the Photoshop Prefs file can become corrupt and cause a wide range of problems. Renaming or deleting it forces PS to make a new version. Usually, 95% of the time, this resolves any startUp problems.

Here's a link to some specific info explaining this procedure further: http://www.planetphotoshop.com/PeteBauer78.html

:wavey:

pascal3d
07-12-2003, 09:12 AM
Thanks dude! That totally worked. It's all good now. Thanks again.

theGuest
07-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Right on! Glad it worked. :)

:wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.