PDA

View Full Version : how to underline a moving slogan?

pblacklock
07-12-2003, 05:26 AM
i've got dfx+ with module 1 and 4,

my question is this:

is it possible to animate an appearing moving line underneath a scrolling text (slogan) or do we need to buy extra module 6, i can seem to find the paint option anywhere, i know the module six contains the full blown paint system but surely we should be able to even draw a moving single line on screen?

comanche
07-12-2003, 10:19 AM
The first thing that comes to mind is using the text tool. There are characters that can be (mis)used as lines pretty well :-) Stretch them and tweak them to your liking to create any kind of line. Such simple rectangular shapes could also be created with a background tool, scaled down to the size of the line.

To create more complex, custom shapes, use masks!?

The tools are all there. Use them ;)

Cheers,
Andreas

pblacklock
07-12-2003, 08:16 PM
nope, i know you can use textplus for moving lines and what not, but it is a cheesy way to do it.

i need to animate a handwriting painting signature effect underneath a logo on a moving angular platform. before i start to try signature effect with mask and what nots on fusion due to lack of a basic paint tool, i might as well use lightwave, the job would be better rendered and be easier to comp in premiere or vegas without a bunch of headaches.

i now know why this forum is dead, lack of knowledge and tips to further boost fusion capabilities. :buttrock:

comanche
07-12-2003, 08:59 PM
... i need to animate a handwriting painting signature effect ...

Ok, that's a completely different story!

i now know why this forum is dead, lack of knowledge and tips to further boost fusion capabilities. :buttrock:

I'm sorry for trying to help out but in the end doing nothing than wasting your time, dude! ;)

Sometimes a paint module is required to do a paint job. Good luck for your Premiere compositing.

pblacklock
07-12-2003, 11:37 PM
you never wasted my time, it gave me ideas, i appreciated that info and help. just ticked off that to do certain basic things you need to upgrade to a full package.

at least you tried more than what i can say about fusion experts that bragged about the program in the past, unless they are busy producing a book for us to buy. sorry but i will have moved on to adobe bundle.

i manage to do the comp with lightwave and premiere. damn lightwave rocks!

no hard feelings commanche :wavey:

comanche
07-13-2003, 10:05 AM
I'm glad to hear the problem is solved w/ LW and Premiere.

:beer:

Cheers,
Andreas

3DDave
07-14-2003, 05:55 AM
You can do a hand writing effect with an animated effect mask that slowly reveals the hand writing. Animated effect masks are in DFX+. The paint tool can do this as well.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Also if you have Aura you can do it in that as well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.