PDA

View Full Version : particle issues

Neural Riptide
07-12-2003, 03:11 AM
yeah, I posted this question over at the Newtek Forums. thought I'd see which forum got better response time. :D

Anyway. Here is the issue. When I have an object with FX-Emittor set as a custom object in the geometry properties, I can set the motion of the particles just fine (explosion, vibrate, vector, etc). But when I try to make an envelope for these settings, it only takes the value of the first keyframe in the envelope. So, for example, if I have the vibration set to 1 for frames 0 through 10, and set to 0 thereafter, it SHOULD make the particles stop vibrating after it hits frame 10. But it never happens. they just keep on doing thier happy dance.
Same thing if I go the other way. Set the motion to 0 for the first 10 frames, then to 10 for the following frames. It treats the entire animation as if the vibration is set to zero.
This same thing happens with explosion and the vector setting.

Anyone have a fix for this?
oh, if it matters, I'm using 7.5c

robinson
07-12-2003, 05:14 AM
are you sure you pushed the fxstart button, instead of the play button !!! :wavey:

Neural Riptide
07-12-2003, 02:28 PM
actually, I think I figured it out.

I only have a specific amount of particles beingcreated. Once they have been made, they are set in thier action. So regardless of when the vibration starts, if it is started after the particles are born, they are not effected by it.

I'll have to find another way around it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.