PDA

View Full Version : Displace effects?(AE5.5 or combustion2)

FabioMSilva
07-11-2003, 10:52 PM
(I CAN USE AE5.5 PRO BUNDLE AND COMBUSTION2)

im tired of looking for these effects...i really wanted to these really cool Heat waves and wind and Wave-like-form(altought vertically lot horizontaly...guess ill just have to rotate it then but didnt tried that out yet...) but i cant find any good place to c how theyre made...

1st of - Heat Waves, like those from the jet engines...i wanted realistic heat waves using a plugin or somethin of Composite software and not one of those cheap AE5.5 ripple kind of stuff cuz that kinda sux of whatve seen so far.(and please dont tell me to do the Spline-with wind thing on 3dsmax cuz i want to do it in compositing only for 2d layers and its kinda of hard to do that on max, as well the final effect probably wont be what i wanted it to be!)

2nd - Wind Waves - Kinda the same as above, but somewhat differen(danm im dizzy lol) - Like the ones seen in Naruto Ep33 from sound ninja Zaku(sorry i didnt remembered any other example for this really cool effect

3rd - Wave-like-but-not-just-like that - Seen on Naruto Episode31 when the sounda ninja attacks Rock lee and makes that really cool displacement effect(againim sorry for not having another example for this :hmm: )...i was thinking of using the Waveform displacement Plugin on AE5.5 using a really fast heartbeat...but then again to achieve the effect the way i want i think it would have to be rotated and i dunno if the plugin also does that...

Like i said the ones included are somewhat ugly... or maybe im not seeying something important for them to work ...i dunno...

Gimme suggestions&directions on how to achieve the effects i desire please.

God bless u all:beer: and so the beer! CHEERS!

danylyon
07-11-2003, 11:22 PM
In AE PRO 5.5 use the "displacement Map" Effect. You can define a (greyscale) video footage, which it'll use for displacement.

I think you can do quite a lot with this effect.. not exactly sure what you want.. I've never seen "Naruto" :surprised

Edit: oh.. and.. it's been asked (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69910) before.. :rolleyes:

Good Luck!

FabioMSilva
07-12-2003, 02:56 PM
cult effects huh? i gotta get that

ØdB
07-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Cult FX is integrated to AE 5.5 It's called now "turbulent displace". Use it for heatwave displace. Displacement map is really coll for that to. It depend the map you use to make your displacement usually a fire movie file. There is also some distord effect from tinderbox. Check their website

Badllarma
07-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Someone once posted a simalar questipon to this and a suggestion was to light a barbecue!
Get it warmed up and film the heat hazel of it relecting of a white wall with a DV cam or simlar (not the BBQ itself but the refelction of the effect) then use this as a displacment map?

How you go about that bit i'm not sure but it would cirtainly give a very real look to your displacment. Alos have a few beers and a scoff in the process:applause:

Badllarma
07-16-2003, 01:36 PM
hazel ?
haze I ment sorry for the typo

ØdB
07-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Where can I find the BBQ XP plug v12.00 ? :p

marci2001
07-16-2003, 05:21 PM
TinderBox - haze
won't fail you

M

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.