PDA

View Full Version : Network Shelves

BolOWaiN
04-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Hi all,

Ok, this has been a topic that has come up several times before and I've been through all the posts that I can find on the subject but I'm still not managing to wrap my head around it.

I am trying to create a network path that will contain shelves with the most common tools that we use in the company along with custom tools that we use.

The problem that I am having is that the shelf is loading but it comes up blank. I know that you need to load the scripts along with the shelf but surely this is not the case with Maya's built-in scripts such as creating a button for the hypershade.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on the subject before I loose all my hair and become a hermit.

Thanks

Ben

BolOWaiN
04-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Just to add to my first post and solve my own problem, read the forums carefully and your problems will be solved.

To stop the shelves from loading empty it is important how your maya.env is layed out in terms of sequence.

MAYA_SHELF_PATH must be before MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH and MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH needs to contain the path to your shelves as well as any other locations you use like the following :

MAYA_SHELF_PATH = PATHTONETWORKLOCATION\SHELVES;
MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = PATHTONETWORKLOCATION\SHELVES; PATHTONETWORKLOCATION\OTHERSCRIPTS;

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2009, 10:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.