PDA

View Full Version : Guidance?

tbubb1
04-09-2009, 06:24 AM
I'm still very new to digital painting... and, well actually drawing. I haven't really taken it seriously so I've put it off until now that I'm an art student!

Anyway, this is one of my first digital paintings (or the beginning thereof) and I was hoping someone could tell me what the next step is?

I would imagine it would be to refine the edges and smooth out the values.

Since I'm very new to this I'm just looking for help to put together a good workflow! Any tips would be great! Thus far, I've just blocked in some values (which I plan to push) on a very small canvas (~600x600 pixels).

Thanks so much!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/pretendingtodie/ashinprog1.jpg

Kirt
04-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I see a few different routes that you could take at this point. You could check your proportions and scale of features on your figure by comparing them to reference images. You could determine your focal point of the image and adjust values to draw attention to this area. You could determine your light source and add shadows and highlights that coincided with the direction and intensity of this source. You could clarify shape/object that she is holding because I have no idea if she's holding up a clutch bag or pulling down the corner of the hat. You could block in a background. You could upsize your canvas and develop some details.Too early really for us to determine what the end result could be, but as a thumbnail image or early planning image I suppose it's a good start.

DArcy1
04-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Kirt says it all :-)

D.

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2009, 11:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.