PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Icon -- Character -- harmless

harmless
07-11-2003, 07:59 PM
Another late entry!! This one is a pyscho tree.
The background: A cloning lab working on speeding up the aging process has been shut down. The waste has been dumped into a remote stream, it's chemicals seeping into the soil. Psyco trees have come to life and are coming for you!

harmless
07-12-2003, 04:26 AM
Since I am anal about uv coordinates, I planar map flaps off a character then merge edges together. I tend to stay away from planar mapping so I get nice square uv's when I am finished. Since I am doing a twisty tree I need to be extra careful! I have attached an image that might help to clarify.

Sorry I am a bit light on the art right now, I have little time left. I'll add another wireframe soon.
Cheers!

harmless
07-12-2003, 08:24 AM
So now I have some uv's I can work with! On to texturing, here is a base pass. We'll see what happens, I think I want to add some weird bandages and markings.

Hopefully I will have some time tomorrow to throw a rig on it, then I can pose it up and maybe do some test anims.

hanzo
07-12-2003, 10:09 PM
nice tree man, good modeling it looks spooky..

1 crit I think that the textures are to dark..

harmless
07-13-2003, 01:21 AM
I agree, the texture is much too dark. Here is the current state. I am still not happy but I am running out of time. Let's see what happens!

harmless
07-13-2003, 02:06 AM
Sorry these updates are happening so quickly! This is more of what I am going for. Still needs more work on the finer details. I haven't even had a chance to texture those axes yet. Almost there!

Sinistar83
07-13-2003, 02:10 AM
Looks great so far! I can't wait to see him animated. :)

harmless
07-14-2003, 01:55 AM
Another update!

rAndall
07-14-2003, 05:58 AM
Cool tree. It reminds me of the tree from the first "Poltergeist" movie that came crashing through the windows to take the kids.
That scared the crap outta me when I was younger.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.