PDA

View Full Version : jsConstObj;

fortner
07-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Jason or whoever else can help me out..... I'm getting an error message (// Error: Cannot find procedure "endName". //) when i run the jsConstObj; script. Any suggestions?

-Mike

Reel FX studios

tropistic
07-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Make sure you've put *all* the scripts from the DVD in your script directory. Especially that EndName.mel script...

Jay

fortner
07-11-2003, 08:42 PM
thanks tropistic for the reply. The script was in there, and I just repasted it, and it still didn't work.....hmmm. Wonder what I'm doing wrong.

tropistic
07-11-2003, 08:45 PM
Well, if I remember, there's a couple of other scripts jsConstObj needs besides just EndName.mel. you have copied them all to the directory? doesn't hurt to restart Maya after doing so too.

Jay

fortner
07-11-2003, 09:01 PM
LOL. that's all I had to do. I just restarted Maya, and that was it.

thanks

-Mike

loked
07-11-2003, 10:22 PM
I dont know if this is worth anything, but just for future reference. If you run into this kind of a problem again, you dont necessarily need to restart maya, you can just source the necessary files. ;)

Later:wavey:
loked

tropistic
07-12-2003, 01:34 AM
Except that with Jason's scripts, sometimes there's so many scripts dependant on each other that you lose track of what you need to re-source, and it's easier and quicker to just restart Maya.

Unless you've got Maya 5, which is painfully slow to start, at least on my machine...

Jay

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.