PDA

View Full Version : Floor Composite

G777
04-08-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm attempting to composite an object in AE from Maya.

I have the following in the render layer:
Object
Lighting
Floor

I've made an AO pass in hopes to composite it that way.

My goal is to isolate only the shadows so I can composite it in After Effects in an all white enviorment.

I basicly just want (in AE) A White floor, Object, White Background.

Would anyone know how to do this? I've tried doing it with AO and compositing the object on top of that but I keep getting the floor (from maya) showing up and ruining the shot.

frizDog
04-15-2009, 12:19 AM
your question is a bit confusing.

perhaps you could post some images so we can better understand

RawNuts
04-19-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't quite understand your situation.

If you don't want other things like the floor in the shot, assign a "use background" shader to the floor and anything else you don't want to show up. This will allow the shadows that the floor is catching to appear in the alpha channel but not the object itself. Is that what you want?

Or perhaps you want the objects alone without any shading or shadows? In that case, a diffuse color pass would be what you want. If you're using 2009, it makes it extremely easy to render one out. If you're using an older version, the "surface shader" would be another easy method.

Hope this helps. :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2009, 09:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.