PDA

View Full Version : importing AE roto into Combustion

marci2001
07-11-2003, 02:35 PM
does anybody know any magic to translate my roto data made in AE into combustion?

I don't want to render gigs of masks

thanks

M

danylyon
07-11-2003, 09:50 PM
I don't know combustion.. but I know AE quite well and I've never come across anything that lets me export just the masks. So If you can't open up a whole AE file in combustion.. I'll doubt that you can do what you want.

I think the AE Splines are quite different than the Combustion equivalent anyway.

Soooo.. you'll have to render it out..
BUT.. if you make QuickTime Animations (Greyscale).. they shouldn't really get that big and it will be lossless.

FabioMSilva
07-11-2003, 10:56 PM
life sux anyway...uŽll probably will have to do it all over..or render the movie in various parts(the same but with several differents layers attached)and then use it as footage on Combustion...

remember there is still hope!

Best of luck:thumbsup:

dg
07-12-2003, 03:10 PM
You can export your AE rotowork as movie with alpha, or replace your original traced footage in AE with a white solid and change de background to black and render this as a sequence to use as a matte in C2.

But I have a very weird idea, that might work, you got to have flash installed to do this, and I'm not sure at all that this will work

In AE
- Replace de footage with the masks (if there is any) with a solid white or black
- Clear all filters, feather etc...
- Use AE 5.5 swf exporter
In Flash
- Open Flash set the movie configs like they were a composition
(720x480 - 30 fps etc...)
- Import the swf generated by AE
- Use flash export movie feature to export a illustrator sequence
- Create a new movie with the setting of the final output like
(720x480 - 30 fps etc...)
- Import the ai sequence, this will clean a mess that AE swf export does with flash masks
- Export movie again as a Illustrator sequence
In Comvustion
- Open combustion an import your Illustrator files as a sequence.
- Pray! :surprised

Ok, I know I'm crazy, completly f$#% up.....:banghead:
But I'm praying for you mate, I hope you can solve this issue, and please let me know if this :argh: idea works

marci2001
07-14-2003, 08:23 AM
thanks a lot, we start today

I'll tell you the whole story....

:surprised

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.