PDA

View Full Version : Download the Free FacialAniation Setup for Maya5

Byron
07-11-2003, 01:07 PM
This thread actually refers to the thread below, were I posted a Maya 4.5 Scenefile (which didn't work properly with Maya5).

http://sebastian-thiel.bei.t-online.de/Show1.jpg

I fixed the Bug, and the new file will definitely work with Version 5, and only with v.5.

Download the Maya5 SceneFile of the Setup (http://sebastian-thiel.bei.t-online.de/KoppSzeneMaya5.zip)

Additionally, you can download here the Maya4.5 file, which won't work on Maya 5 because they changed the way how maya interpretes MEL slightly.

Download the Maya 4.5 SceneFile (http://sebastian-thiel.bei.t-online.de/KoppSzene.zip)

I've also written a Tutorial which explains every aspect of how to work with the Scene, for Example how you can do LipSync quickly.

German Tutorial on how to work with the "Kopp" :) (http://www.gfx-scene.de/index.php4?go=tutorial&id=65)

If someone is able to understand it and wants to help me with the translation, please tell me, because I definitely will not be able and willing to do the whole work on my own.
Generally, i would consider it to be a good thing if we would translate it, because it will make things easier to get into animation with the Scene.

Sincerely yours
Byron

PS: I will only be able to answer mails weekly :(.

PS2: I was asked for my name in the last thread for credit purposes. Besides the fact, that it is written everywhere in the scenefile itsself, my name is
Sebastian Thiel.
Email is: This (Sebastian-Thiel@T-Online.de)

PS3: If you've accidently closed the AnimationInterface, you can load it againt by going into the exoression editor, show the scriptNodes, select the "StartUpScript" and click the
"test script" button.

stzaske
07-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Thanks for posting this. It reminds me a lot of the facial rig I created for my last animation, but you've gone a WHOLE lot further, with creating a windowing UI and such. I especially like the way you used new views within your UI.

Two questions:

1. Can we see a animated clip? I see you have some keys set in the file, but I'd love to see a test run or lip sync test.

2. Do you use scripts to generate the controls? It definitely seems like a lot of work to build a facial rig like this for every character.

-=STZ=-

Byron
07-11-2003, 03:39 PM
To question One:

When you playback the Scene, you will see some sort of emotional expression. There is no lipSync in it, but it can be created quite "fast".
I wrote about this in my - german - tutorial.
When you want to see him in Action, just watch the following shortie I did for testing purposes.

Shortie, 16 MB (http://neox.gfx-scene.de/public/Byron/WKKG_LQ.wmv)

To question Two:

Yeah, the UI is one large script which is saved in the file.
And yeah, it was alot of work, but it was worth it.
And at least the UI could be transferred to every other character which was setuped in th same "style" quite fast.
For the complete setup, it took me 2.5 weeks, working three hours a day (after my civil service (>Zivildienst<).

Byron

swag
07-11-2003, 06:54 PM
great Byron :thumbsup:

nottoshabi
07-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Thanks Byron.

modi
07-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Wow, i was waiting to see the UI, thats awesome. Thanks Byron. Did u build the whole body or just the face.
Just wondering if it was ok to do some animation with ur model. Ofcourse i would give u credit for the model and rigg. Cheers.

dmcgrath
07-12-2003, 04:12 AM
Very impressive. I really liked the UI you have built for the character. But I wonder if it has to be rebuilt everytime you change tabs. snipped

But on the other hand, the use of an animation window for the mouth controls is really nice.

you get 5 :thumbsup: 's

Levitateme
07-12-2003, 06:00 PM
i just downloaded the scene, 1. that is a great face model im curious how did you pull back like the cheaks when he snarls and things ike that? did you use magnets? great modeling.

2. your UI controls are incredible, you were saying the script is part of the scene? is it availbable to the public? im sure i have just not read something somewere. but im sure alot of people would really dig using your UI for there facial animations. just curious were to get this script. man this is nice. very fast too.

Byron
07-18-2003, 11:31 AM
@Levitateme:
that is a great face model im curious how did you pull back like the cheaks when he snarls and things ike that? did you use magnets?
I actually used skin and blendshapes to deform the whole head. And to create the blendshapes, I used mainly clusters and did some manual tweaks.

you were saying the script is part of the scene? is it availbable to the public?
The script is saved in a scriptNode. You can open it with the expressionEditor when you changed focus to ScriptNodes.
It is calles "StartUpScript"

@Modi: Of course you can animate him :). Everyone can do everything with him. Credit information is everywhere in the scene :).

rohithtalk
07-18-2003, 11:53 AM
hello sir

i a m rohith, use have done it excellent, well i need help in modeling in maya on nurbs, when i convert from subd to nurbs it creats patches but i want it as a complete mesh what do i do?

i have problem in applying procedural texture , and painting.

please when me so that i have complete mesh, apart from using the tool to attach the curves

yours sincerely,
Rohith

Byron
07-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Sorry,
but I think, this isnt the right thread to post this type of question.

SDIT
07-23-2003, 07:55 PM
hey byron, great setup i am trying to translate your tut through babylon, i will send you a .doc when i am done and you can revise it.
cheers
SDIT

Levitateme
07-23-2003, 10:35 PM
sounds great sdit.

magilla
07-24-2003, 04:40 AM
I tried to read the tutorial through Babelfish translator - couldn't make head or tail of it - something about gerbils????:p

anyhow - I assume If I set up the blendshapes on my character with the same name as your blendshapes - then run the startup script it will create the interaface that drives them. Is this correct?

I can't work out how you are driving the eyelids - some sort of locator on curve path - how is the locator moving the mesh?

--magilla

Matt Leishman
07-24-2003, 03:54 PM
oh boy I can't wait for the english translation!! there are just too many cool things about this whole set up!!

SDIT
07-25-2003, 03:24 AM
Hey everybody:
I have been working on the translation as I said I would. So far I have done:

Parameter Administration
Animation Interface
Front Tab
Eyes Tab
Mouth Tab
Randomize Tab
Toungue Control Tab
Additional Mouth Control Tab
&
Selection/Optimize Tab

I just sent Byron a .DOC with what I worked on. Let's see what he says ;)

Cheers and see u at siggraph!
SDIT :cool:

Byron
07-25-2003, 01:32 PM
Thanks to you, SDIT :).

Perhaps well have an english tutorial in 2 or 3 weeks. Lets see :).

I already annotated the file, and I think its a good way to do it, and I am already looking foreward to get your next version of the tut.

@magilla
I assume If I set up the blendshapes on my character with the same name as your blendshapes - then run the startup script it will create the interaface that drives them. Is this correct?

No, this won't work. To understand how to use it with your own head, you have to understand how it works in detaill, so i'll will explain it to you :).

(if I had PS on this computer, I would make a schematic view of the setup, but I don't, so I have to explain ... :(. )

-> == deformed by

Mesh ->skin->blendshape->jiggle

To make the parameters work with my randomization AND with trax, I had to do a workaround: all the Parameters that are randomized are hold by a locator transform. These params included in the accoording charactersets. The Values output by these locators are taken by the randomizations expression, which applies random values. At last, this expression outputs the new value to according parameters of the deformers.
This means, when you set a key via the UI, you actually set it (in most cases) on the locaterParameters. That is why the UI is really nessecary to create an animation, or at least for creating some keys you can work with in the graphEditor or the trax then.

-- == connection

LocatorParamters -- characterSet
|
|
RandomizationExpression -- deformerParameters

So, if you want to use the UI with your own geometry/setup, you will have to create also these locators with the exact parameters on it, and the caracterSets also must have the right names, and the deformers too.
You see, it will be quite complicated to do so because there are a lot of values connected to the randomization expressions.

But if you can script a bit, you can use your own valueNames according to your own needs.

I can't work out how you are driving the eyelids - some sort of locator on curve path - how is the locator moving the mesh?

The locators are influence objects of the skin, as are the locators moving the mouthRegion. These are actually deforming an extraMesh (which is located above the original mesh) with skin, then feeding the deformed mesh into a blendShapeSlot which is always set to one. This way it was possible to have to Skins deforming the same Mesh in an easy-to-use manner.

dflipb
08-04-2003, 01:30 PM
this is what I got from google's translation.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gfx-scene.de%2Findex.php4%3Fgo%3Dtutorial%26id%3D65&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

cheers:beer:
Mark

nottoshabi
08-04-2003, 06:35 PM
FreeTranslation.com does a better job.

I have tryed it and it worked like a charm.
:buttrock:

magilla
08-13-2003, 05:31 AM
I've tried both and I still can't undestand it. Too many words left in German or incoherently translated.

Any news about the doc that SDIT translated?

--magilla

SDIT
08-13-2003, 07:01 AM
Hello everybody

Sorry it's been a long time since i posted here. I have been busy as hell lately (first sigg then moving) I am almost done settling...

BUT

I retook the file today and i am working on it. Update soon to come Magilla!

BTW, if anybody knows somebody who needs a roomate in Santa Monica.. let me know :P!

Update coming soon.

Cheers :beer:

magilla
09-04-2003, 03:08 AM
buggin

SDIT
10-04-2003, 01:30 AM
Ok, finally!
I just sent an email to Byron with a new version of the translated Tutorial covering Character Sets & Lipsync. Let's see what he has to say about it!
Cheers

SDIT

Byron
10-04-2003, 02:57 PM
I got the mail and will look at it as fast as possible!

The problem is that I have to completely concentrate on the release of my PolyTools (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82130) , there I hope I will have the english tutorial online at the beginning of the next week to come.

Finally, we will have the english tutorial :).

Bests
Byron

SDIT
10-04-2003, 07:02 PM
take your time Byron :p
u've got enough on you r hands i think. Plus magilla won't mind waiting another week right ? ;)

Cheers everybody
SDIT

NueFoX
10-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Yeah man thanks a lot !

progerik
10-06-2003, 04:40 AM
yes a thousands thanks to you guys :) it`s with people like you that we have such a good cummunity around here :)
thanks again

brunodek
10-06-2003, 12:38 PM
I like your work.Very interesting.
Thank you for it.

SDIT
10-09-2003, 12:37 AM
ok guys
in the next couple days I am getting some image files and text from Byron to put together the final version of the English Tutorial for the Facil Animation Rig.
It should be done in a few days after I get those files.

Cheers.
SDIT

progerik
10-09-2003, 07:02 PM
cool :) looking forward to it

safakoner
10-11-2003, 05:41 PM
Byron thanks for this setup. This will be a good experience. :thumbsup:

joie
10-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Hi byron;

I saw that you have a second surface with the "offset" controls, they are little clusters surface constrained to a poligon surface, when they are moved the first surface offset its blendshape information (very clever), but here is my question:

How the hell do you make these clusters go to their initial position?, as they are surface contrained, they have no "real" world position but relative to that surface..., when you move and undo they don´t go to their initial state (if I do this by hand). So, wich kind of miracle did you do?

Thank´s in advance mate!

:)

Byron
10-15-2003, 12:59 PM
You can select the AddLipControls Character, select its parameters (which are the cluster transforms), and then set them to zero.

I freezed the clusters transformation when I had them in place, and then contraimed them. So every cluster has its rest position at [0,0,0]

Regards
Byron [who still has to go over the english translation ... ]

joie
10-15-2003, 05:00 PM
Ok, but if I do that on my own rig, the clusters don´t go to their initial position "exactly", then tners an error that becomes greater the more times I replay my animation.
Each time I rewind and play the error grows and at in the end their initial position doesn´t match the "real" at all.

sniifffff..., I can´t understand!

:(

Byron
10-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know at the moment what I exactly did since I made the kopps rigs some time ago .

Sorry,
Byron [who cannot remember that he did something "special" with these clusters]

joie
10-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Well, I will try again tomorrow, may be I´m wrong or doing something wrong (don´t know what since "move" isn´t anything dificult doesn´t it?

magilla
10-16-2003, 12:46 AM
If I remember correctly (my experience with clusters was also some time ago) you have to set your advanced options to "parallel" and check the relative option when you create the clusters.

Whilst I am fairly certain this is your problem the actual settings may vary for your situation, because I only used the clusters on my blendshapes - not skinned mesh - so you may have to rearrange the input order to accomodate the skincluster.

--magilla "the amnesiac" guerilla

keithlango
10-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by joie
Ok, but if I do that on my own rig, the clusters don´t go to their initial position "exactly", then tners an error that becomes greater the more times I replay my animation.
Each time I rewind and play the error grows and at in the end their initial position doesn´t match the "real" at all.

sniifffff..., I can´t understand!

:(

I haven't downloaded or played with this face rig yet, but earlier this year I was doing some R&D on different face set-ups, and was exploring using clusters that were geometry contrained to a NURBS plane. I got the same errors you seem to be getting (you can't get the clusters to go to their reset position no matter what and it gets worse with use). It's been quite a few months, but I seem to recall that typing the following into your command line worked...

dgdirty -a

This is a MEL command that forces a given node to evaluate. Not sure where the term "dirty" comes from, but it's programmer speak for forcing data down somethings' throat I think. :D
The -a is a flag that signifies that you want to evaluate all your nodes. You can also specify nodes by name (ex: typing dgdirty "*geometryContraint*" will only force the geometry contraints in the scene to evaluate). This should pop your clusters back to their reset position. It seems Maya doesn't re-evaluate every node by default for some reason. So you have to force it. I ended up making a shelf button script that did this so that I could reset the cluster positions if they drifted too far. Thankfully when I rendered the tests the drift wasn't noticeable because the node drift hadn't built up with use.

At least I think that should work. I'd be interested in hearing if that does the trick. :)

-k

joie
10-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Thank you, I´ll give it a try.

:)

progerik
10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
hello Byron do you know when you might I`ve the chance to review the translation yet ? I understand you must be very busy so don`t worry, I am just beeing impatient :)
thanks again

Byron
10-25-2003, 07:22 AM
Hi Progerik,

I already reviewed it and sent it along with some pictures to SDIT.

I think he will care about that tutorial for now :).

Regards
Byron

progerik
10-25-2003, 01:34 PM
thanks byron :):thumbsup:

SirCharles
10-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Hey Byron, could you re-post the 4.5 scene file? The link seems to be dead.

Byron
10-27-2003, 09:45 AM
Here is the link :)

Kopp Scene for Maya 4.5 (http://www.visualboo.com/~byronimo/KoppSceneM4.5.zip)

Regards
Byron

yangmiemie
11-01-2003, 04:04 AM
German Tutorial on how to work with the "Kopp"

the link isn't work.
German Tutorial on how to work with the "Kopp"
can you give me again?
thx!!!!

yangmiemie
11-01-2003, 04:06 AM
Byron:
help me!!

Byron
11-01-2003, 08:21 AM
Well, Gfx-scene, the host of the tutorial, seems to be down - again.

I can give a link once they are online again ... sorry :(.

progerik
11-10-2003, 08:05 PM
hello did SDIT had the chance to upload the transltion of your doc. yet ?
CHeers :)

Byron
11-10-2003, 08:14 PM
I don't know.

I send all the material to him I had, but I don't know how much work there is still to do on the tutorial.

Its a pitty that the online translators fail to translate it properly :(.

Regards
Byron

the_zed_axis
07-10-2004, 08:58 AM
i heard so much rave about this setup but all the links are dead could someone please email me the maya 4.5 file
code_z3@yahoo.com
thanks in advance

Byron
07-10-2004, 01:11 PM
You can get it on www.byronimo.de, check the downloadssection :).

Regards,
Sebastian

0utlander
07-24-2004, 06:09 AM
can someone provide me with a detailed tutorial that allows me to modify the "Kopp" face rig to work with my characters?

thx

Byron
07-24-2004, 03:24 PM
There is a tutorial which explains a lot.

It is written in German, but perhaps you can throw it in a translator and perhaps get something useful out of it:

http://www.gfx-scene.de/index.php4?go=tutorial&id=65

Regards,
Byron

0utlander
07-25-2004, 06:35 AM
yeh ive seen taht tute b4 but it dont help out much beeing in german and all plus the transdaltion isnt too good...... i nice english tute detailing step by step instructions on converting the rig onto another model would be great, rather than one that explains what each of the sliders do which is all i could get out of the german tute......

lhlhlh
07-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Thanks Byron.

Byron
07-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Everything you need to adapt the rig to your own model can be found in the Maya file - scripts and so on.

But I don`t have the time to write a tutorial on that, sorry .

Regards,
Byron

Savage_Henry
07-26-2004, 09:33 PM
oh please

oh please

oh please

finish the english translation!! Come on SDIT!!
um....no pressure though:thumbsup:

magilla
07-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Sorry to all for the enormous delay, thanks to SDIT (I think) who did 99% of the translation here. I'm not sure why it never made it back to the list... I think we were expecting a tutorial on constructing/reproducing the setup. This is only a guide on how to use this rig and some of the theory behind why it was made the way it was - there is still some incomprehensible stuff at the start and I have taken the liberty of removing some of the passages that tended toward gibberish after translation - sorry Byron.

I have found that the biggest hurdle in reverse engineering this rig is finding out what custom attribute is driving which blendshape and is then controlled by the expressions. Any further documentation would be greatly appreciated. I think this rig is enormously valuable and flexible and warrants some more comprehensive documentation - has anyone else made any advancements or built their own version?

KoppSetup

Ideas and goals

Animation curves are, by default, perfect - they don’t accurately represent human muscle tremors and natural variation in movement.

1.1 Randomization

The Kopp setup uses a system that introduces "imperfection" into the spline-curves. It is based on expressions. It allows a mixture from Smooth to Jittery using noise and randomisation.

1.2 Methodolgy...

For the rotation of the head a nonlinear Deformer. To these the ski lp molder and cluster belong, whereby for the rotation, the movement of the ears and the Jaw a Skin deformer was used.

Fundamental can be attained very precisely with the linear BlendShapeDeformer.

The mouth however is an extremely flexible region, simple Blendshapes fast to its borders. ClusterDeformer however by the transformation of weighted Vertices substantially more form varieties, whereby the forms cannot as be determined here exactly as with Blendshapes. For the mouth range I used thus a combination of Blendshapes and Clusters with normalized weightings - also Skin Influence Objects mentioned. This Setup permits it to steer the fundamental form over Blendshapes and leaves the option to realize deviations and exaggeration over cluster which manufactures again the singularness of the form.

1.3 Parameter Adminstration

This Setup has about 50 animatable parameters, and it is understandable how annoying it can be to have to look for each one of them again and again. Therefore I integrated them into a descriptive UI, which arranges and structures all these values appropriately. This makes fast access possible to all important parameters

2. Description of scene

2.1 The Animation Interface

When the scene is loaded, the Head Animation Controls window appears automatically. It allows to set keys, select IK Handles, control objects and switch off determined deformers easily if they are not needed. Moreover, each parameter in the UI has also a set key button.

2.2 The Front-Tab

These are the sliders that control the Frontalis and the Corrugator muscles. With them you can adjust the left, middle and right side of the forehead individually.

2.3 The Eyes Tab

Here all parameters are combined into control of the eyes:

Crowsfeet: The “strength” of the crow feet per side

Squashing:The “squeezing” of the eyes together using the Orbicularis Oculi per side

EyeLids: Lower the upper eyelid, lift the lower eyelid, close the eyelids & bias.

2.4 The Mouth Tab

Muscle control around the mouth area is handled by this tab.

Zygomatic Major: Operates the “laugh muscle” per side

Risorius: Operates a “pulling” which angles the mouth per side

TwoSided Morphs: Only contains bilateral Morphtargets .

(I recommend to try and create effects using each slider individually)

2.5 The Randomize Tab

First of allI should describe the principle of the randomization to, which is used not per MorphTarget, but per Morphtarget group. Each group summarizes topography used by Morphtargets, so that one can assign randomization at the same time in each case for several Morphtargets. This was necessary, since there would be no advantage if you had had to administer the parameter flood for each individual Morphtarget. The strength of the randomization comes from the “Regional Weight” parameter. The value of the individual morphtarget also drives the strength of the randomization applied to it. If the value is 1, it will receive the maximum “noise”, if 0, then there will be no noise. All inbetweens are interpolated in a quadratical manner. E.G: if the Frontalis is not at all active, then no randomization is used, even if FrontWeight is set to 1.

NOTICE: A Morphtarget may be never less than 0, otherwise the Expression fitted behind the randomization fails, which leads again to the fact that the Morphtargets in the Randomization group will not provide any new values. This may look as if the value was blocked. Note: When you deactivate the expression that drives the randomization, it will block out all the values it deals with, so you should never do it.

Private message to you: This is a big bad limitation that comes with expressions. They won’t pass through a value when they fail or when they are deactivated, such as using the character as a reference.

Front: Randomizes the values of Frontalis and Corrugator

Eyes: Randomizes all values of the lids, Squashing and Crowsfeet

Mouth: Randomizes the values of all TwoSidedMorphs, Risorius and Zygomatic major

Parameter:

Weight: Regional strength of the randomization

Bias: -1 = Smooth Noise, +1 = random values

Smooth Noise parameter

SpeedMultiplier: Frequency of the smoothen Noise

Other parameters

-x Boundary: Smallest possible value of the Noise

+x Boundary: Largest possible value of the Noise

Piece offset: 0 = each Morphtarget receives the same randomization values,

Higher than 0 = each Morphtarget receives own values

2.6 The Tongue Control tab

By selecting the shown clusters here, one can change the form of the tongue and also have their transformation keyed. The Locator on the right side of the image changes the length of the tongue by shifting along its Z-axis. The views on this tab can be steered like every other Maya Viewport.

Additional Mouth Controls Tab

Each individual Locator is a “device” for the appropriate mouth region. One can shift it only along the Viewplane. The Setup nevertheless in most cases makes a correct deformation possible, because the Locators can only move along the face. The Viewport always maintains its field of vision and is not manipulatable.

2.7 The Selection/ Optimize Tab

By clicking the buttons in the selection section you can use IK Handles & Control Objects for ears, eyes, jaw and head. The “Disable Section” makes it possible to use individual deformers and/or expressions purposefully. I never used this part J. Annotation: It is not recommended to disable the expressions because they will block the values they are responsible for. Unfortunately I didn’t know about that behaviour when I wrote the UI, because these “disable Expression buttons” are quite useless.

The “Jiggle” Parameter can be activated, which makes the earlobes jiggle around when he moves. I never use It either J.

Character Sets:

Character sets work with collections of parameters used in the TRAX editor. This allows you to store animation in clips and also to change these clips at will. I also added appropriate sets without these options. The TRAX editor plays a crucial role within these sets, but additionally, it also works with Kopp’s LipSync controls.

-- > BS_HeadChar: These are all the parameters used by the Blendshape Deformers

-- > HeadANDEyeMove_Char: These are the transformation parameters for the ears, the lower

jaw and the eye control contained in a head-relative area.

-- > Add_Lip_Control: These are the transformation parameters for the clusters containing

additional lip deformation.

-- > Tung_Control: These are the transformation parameters for the cluster deformers used for

the tongue.

-- > EyeLid_Char: These are all the parameters used for the lids.

-- > HeadMovement_Char: Head transformation parameters.

-- > Randomization_Char: Some select parameters used for randomization control.

Lip Sync

The LipSync section of this Setup is much faster than others because it uses the help of the TRAX Editor. At first It’s important to know that, for an absolutely puristic synchronization, only the BS_HeadChar and the HeadANDEyeMove_Char are necessary. Both possess a variety of "letter-to-clips" clips. You can find them in the Visor under Character Poses. Since I haven’t found or read any books regarding phonemes, I simply invented my own basic very basic approach.Each letter refers to a one pose (clip) in the trax

At the very beginning, you should make sure that the speech audio file is directly in the timeline (import >Audio). Scrub through it to find a starting point for each letter you need. After you accurately locate a start point, drag the correspondant ”pose”of the letter you need to Lipsync into the TRAX Editor. This will in most cases be a pose from the HeadANDEyeMove_Char menu. With the following letter/sounds:

SCH and U / B and P / M / O / F and V and W (The letter “W” when pronounced as in German)

one must also draw the same letter poses from the BS_HeadChar at the same time in the TRAX Editor, so that the mouth takes the form of these more extreme sounds appropiately.

In the particular case of the "O" sound, in the upper BS_HeadChar section, a Pose was added, for the “o-shape” of the mouth cannot be represented with clusters only.

If one plays the animation now, it becomes noticeable that the lips don’t move fluently . But even that scenario could be considered correct just like that, since it already has a feeling for the timing, which at this point should already mainly/in general be correct Next, select the poses forming each word or sentence and merge them (Edit >Merge).

If you look at the Animation Curves created by the letter-to-clips closely, you will notice that their tangents are set on Stepped Interpolation. They should be set to Spline Interpolation. After doing this for the first time, you will need to “clean” the curves, so that you can work properly afterwards. 2 steps are needed to do this:

First, the curves should be cleaned using the Curves >Simplify Curves command in the GraphEditor, which should delete keys that lay temporally very close together (time Tolerance of 0.01 in the Dense DATA mode should be enough). Then, you need to check for any keys that occupy nearly the same time . They appear if two or more “poses were overlaping. To avoid this situation, before merging the poses, you need to make sure there is at least a frame placed between them.

Afterwards, any curves that don’t have any changes in value (Static Animation Curves) should be deleted. This is very important! since they are absolutely useless and only make it more difficult to work with the TRAX Editor. Now, you can examine and, if necessary, delete all those curves manually, or you can follow these steps:

1.First, select all curves.

2.Then their input/output Connections in Hypergraph.

3.Then select all the AnimCurve Nodes directly, even if they look selected already.

4. In the Expression Editor, from the ScriptNodes select the "deleteStaticAnimCurves" Node and click on TestScript.

If everything worked fine, there should be no static curves left (NOTE: You can also create a Hotkey, to get this done faster)To do so, copy the content of the scriptNode mentioned above into a hotkey. Please refer to the Maya help to learn more about how to invoke scripts with hotkeys Now, since the curves are alright you can take it from here and go on with any further work.

Before beginning to animate something different, you should revise the LipSync animation first, until the mouth movement is really accurate. I prefer to work that way. After the LipSync, then the head movement, then everything else (eyes and everything which has to do with emotions). Working differently is Okay :).

-- end doc

Savage_Henry
07-28-2004, 07:27 PM
thank you
thank you
thank you magilla (http://www.cgtalk.com/member.php?u=19064)!!!

I'm reading/ working right now! vbmenu_register("postmenu_1472317", true);

Eagles
08-03-2004, 03:52 AM
oh boy I can't wait for the english translation!! there are just too many cool things about this whole set up!!各位大哥能不能多传一些动画教程,或者骨骼设置相关的,谢谢:)

Byron
08-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Hello,

This is the link to the german Head Tutorial.

http://www.gfx-scene.de/index.php4?go=tutorial&id=65

Thanks to magilla for posting this here :).

Regards,
Sebastian

bbirras
10-02-2004, 06:21 AM
Ich habe überhaupt keinen Plan. Besonders nicht von Einführungen, ich führe sonst nie irgendwas ein,

well, what shall I say, other than:I feel sorry for you_._ ;)

speacially because:
.., ich führe sonst nie irgendwas ein,..

:p

well...
old swede, you should do something about that fact, dont you think?

and yeah:about your file: :thumbsup: good job!

Dominique
10-07-2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks a lot,

Dominique ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.