PDA

View Full Version : One year 3D Modeling schools in the US

MaeflowerJ
04-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I've been looking extensively for a 1 year program like Vancouver Film School or VanArts in the United States. I would LOVE to go to VFS, but funding is keeping me looking around. Since I'm a US citizen, I could get some financial aid here, but not in Canada. But the problem is that I haven't found any schools that even compare. Does anyone know of any? Is there no such thing here? Or am I just blind?
I've looked at the DigiPen and Art Institues programs, but they're all 4 year courses. I'm only interested in 1 (or possibly 2) year courses.
Thanks for your help!

By the way, my industry goal would be to do environments for games or film. I'm not as interested in animation as I am just pure modeling. I heard about VanArt's Game Art program... something similar would be great.

*edit* I just looked at LA Film School... Anyone heard of it? Are they good, or comparable to VFS or VanArts? It's about the same price, but being in the US would open some options for me.

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2009, 10:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.